Get a discount from your net provider by simply calling them!

Discussion in Internet Broadband Access started by BigBigFan • Nov 4, 2012.

1. BigBigFan

BigBigFanMember

Threads:
    One of the easiest and most surefire ways of getting a discount from your net provider is to call and ask them if they have any. Mention that you are looking to reduce your costs and that you are considering switching to a lower priced reseller but aren't sure it's worth the hassle and they may very well offer you a 5% discount for the next 12 months, or more if you're lucky. It's just a phone call away most of the time!

You're not lying either, you wouldn't be making the call if you weren't looking to save money.

2. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have tried this with my internet provider and I managed to haggle some discount, albeit reluctantly on behalf of the provider. I have been a loyal customer for over 10 years so I demand discount. The prices keep rising and I'm not willing to pay.

3. crossunitedfate

crossunitedfateMember

Threads:
    I can vouch for this. Not just with the net, but with your television services as well. The moment a customer calls looking to cut parts of a service, they are quick to offer you some sort of deal to keep you around using their product.

4. YamiPrem

YamiPremNew Member

Threads:
    Haha, thanks. Good idea.

I'm curious though, what do you say when they tell you they will reduce the cost? You just, "Okay, that sounds good, okay bye." *hang up*

:cool:

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is so very true. I learned this from my mother. She gets all sorts of deals from the cable company. She will easily jump ship if she finds a better deal. I don't like to stay with one provider, but I will threaten to move. It is very effective.

6. dkramarczyk

dkramarczykMember

Threads:
    If I were to do this, I would act shocked that they did it. That way they might feel a little more appreciated. Plus, I'm sure that they are used to situations like this. Most of the customer service associates probably know that the people are just trying to get the bill lowered, but they still offer because of the fear of losing a customer. Losing a little bit of money on one bill is nothing compared to losing the customer completely. That looks bad on the sales rep. and on the company. Even just one customer affects the entire company.

7. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    I never use to shop around for a better deal till an article in a magazine suggested that its an effective way of saving money. When I did take a close look I found that I could save 30% off of my current broadband and cable bills if I changed providers. I had been with them for a number of years so I called them up to ask for a discount. Unfortunately they told me since I was already subscribed I could not change my plan to one that had a promo rate or get a significant discount. I changed providers and I don't regret it at all. I'd advise you do the same and take a close look at your bills and the new promo rates of their competitor companies every year or so.

8. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I really don't want to sound like a pessimist but I don't think that this idea is possible here in my country. The major businesses here only care about etching out every bit of money from their customers and no one can really do about it because they are a monopoly already. We also can't rely on the government because our government are the one of the most corrupted ones in the world.

9. assassinscreed3

assassinscreed3New Member

Threads:
    hi,
    The procedure for calling Canada and most Caribbean nations is the same as the procedure for making a domestic long distance call.

10. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I tried this with my cable and they took off 10 bucks of my bill for 12 months. I wonder if it'd work with my internet it'd be nice to lower some cost i have to paid you can't do that with a water or light bill haha.

11. xStylezx

xStylezxMember

Threads:
    This is a very good idea! A company will usually want to keep their customers happy and keep their business as well. I've seen my mom get many discounts and extras by just calling them up like this. It really does work, though myself I don't have the patience to make those calls. :D