German Shepherd Or Husky

Discussion in Pets started by Achraf • Aug 29, 2017.

1. Achraf

AchrafMember

Threads:
    as im thinking to have a pet dog i love huskies and the way they are and blue eyes but some people says they are a bit noisy and not good for The House , i love the german shepherd it self very smart and friendly so im a bit confused now if you were me what would you do ?

2. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    It all depends on how you train your dog. So, if you are ready to go through the grind of training your dog either yourself or through a trainer then you can choose any dog. We had a bull terrier and you know bull terriers are known to be wild but we took a lot of trouble in domesticating him. He turned out to be our best dog ever. Here is a collage of him showing his friendship with our cats and maid.
    Rana the ull terrier.

3. Achraf

AchrafMember

Threads:
    @iamawriter@iamawriter Oh the pictures looks so lovely he seems a lovely dog but as far as i got is you've been through a lot domesticating him that's the only problem so far as they need a proper full time for them cause they love being outside especially mornings early mornings. and i don't really wanna have a trainer im thinking to train him myself it will be much better and easier for me.

#3Aug 30, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2017
  4. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    @Achraf@Achraf We have a huge compound and he was free to move around as much as he wanted. We had other dogs too only later he started fighting with the other male dog when Naaki our female dog came on heat;)
    You are right. A lot of time is needed but is worth as the dog will live with you for many years and that initial effort needs to be put in.
    Wish you the best.

#4Aug 31, 2017
  5. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    Personally between the two I would pick the German Shepard. They are known for their loyalty and bravery and could act as a good guard dog. I almost wanted a German Shepard of my own but it really depends on you.

6. Achraf

AchrafMember

Threads:
    @NinetyEighty1@NinetyEighty1 as i've been watching some documentaries about them and trying compare and see before i do anything lol i think the german shepard is so good not saying better but most of people pick him for his qualities

#6Sep 1, 2017
  7. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    I would choose a Husky because I really want one. They are cuddlier and friendlier than a German Shepherd in terms of how they look. Also, Huskies are not that scary to look at.

8. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I am husky fan so I tend to be biased about it. We don't have many options to get husky here though. We have warmer climate as we live near sea shore. And in another case the german shephard is something I'd easily get. So based on availability I'd say german shephard is all we can get so far.

9. Punkin

PunkinMember

Threads:
    I would warn you that Huskies, while very friendly and devoted pets are extremely high maintenance dogs. They have the energy of little children and will absolutely destroy your house if you are unable, or unwilling to devote enough time to giving them outlets for that energy. They are the type of dog who will run for miles, have a quick drink, and be ready for hours of rambunctious fun. Many people are simply not in the position to be able to deal with this realistically. You need to be honest with yourself concerning whether you are devoted enough, and whether your home is equipped to deal with their nature. You cannot discipline it away. You have to facilitate it.

10. ACEP

ACEPMember

Threads:
    Dogs are human's bestfriend. ❤ Both breeds, husky and German shepherd, require an exceptional amount of training, attention and exercise. They are high-drive dogs and need to work for a good portion of the day in order to stay balance, well-behaved and non-distructive.

Well, for me, German Shepherd. I only say that because I have one, I love her he is very obedient.

11. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure that we can tell you which one to pick but I do love Huskies. They are beautiful dogs. I think it is good that you are doing your research before getting a dog since any type of dog requires a great deal of care. Of course, some more than others. You need to access your lifestyle and decide how much time you have to devote to your dog because they need attention and care much of the time. I wish you luck with deciding which one to get.

12. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    We already had a German Sheperd before, and it was a calm and quiet dog like the Larbrador, so if you want a laid back dog then this is the better choice than the Husky. I personally haven't tried taking care of a Husky, so I can't give my personal opinion about it.

13. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Huskies have more health issues and if you live on a warm climate region, Huskies needs air condition. They are more sensitive than German Shepherds. Huskies are more high maintenance if you live on a warm region.

14. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Certainly both good looking dogs, but I would have to go with the husky. I have always found them adorable and my childhood memories would probably sway me that way.