General Health Examination

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by remnant • Sep 8, 2016.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    A general health examination is indispensable in this era of lifestyle diseases like high blood pressure, stroke and diabetes. Most cancers present their symptoms when they are at an advanced stage of development and might even be malignant. This requires expensive treatments like chemotherapy and radiotherapy. General health examinations have the potential to save alot of money compared to curative options which frequently require expensive drugs and tests to diagnose and cure.

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't go to the doctor for a checkup because I feel I am healthy. But some months back, I experienced getting dizzy and it alarmed me because it can be high blood pressure which can lead to a stroke. Well, I have several friends who were hit by a stroke so it scared me. I had a complete checkup plus blood chemistry in the lab aside from the x-ray and ecg. I'm okay except for the blood pressure running at 170/90 which is quite alarming. I was prescribed maintenance medicine to control my blood pressure.

Now I realize that a regular thorough checkup can save us not only money but also our life.

3. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    I go to a doctor only when I feel I am really sick and there is nothing I can do. For minor illness such as fever, cold, cough I opt for home remedies. having said that I monitor my blood sugar, blood pressure, heart beat regularly. I have equipment to measure sugar level, pressure and pulse in my home.

4. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I go to m doctor and dentist along with my wife every six months for a routine checkup. We should all go for routine checkup even if we are fully fit because after a certain age you never know what might cause you a problem so if if there is a problem it could be detected and treated before it increases. Precaution is better than cure, you know.

5. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    The good thing about working in a firm or company is that they offer free HMOs. I use my HMO card regularly, you can also get discounts on executive health exams. I'm not saying that you look for a company that offers free HMO cards but have you had any thoughts on getting one your own?

6. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    The company requires us to undergo annual physical exam which includes x-ray, CBC, pap smear, blood sugar testing, bp check, urinalysis and fecalysis. This is part of our contract with an HMO. For those who are not working or whose company has no health care benefits, there are certain tests that can be done at the health center for free. They can supplement this with free check ups like FBS provided by drug stores. Though I have a digital blood pressure checker at home, there are times that I'd actually pass by the health center to have my blood pressure level taken. For those who want to undergo several tests and still get to save money, some private health clinics offer discounted fees at certain dates of the month for a number of tests which they call Magic 8 or Magic 14 depending on how many tests you want to undergo.

7. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I and my friend have been planning to go for a medical checkup along with our family. Checking once in a while is actually good as it helps us to be aware of the diseases which we might not have known apparently.

8. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    This is an essential feature especially when one is going up in age. This event has saved many people from a considerable amount of distress because it had allowed them to detect and avoid potentially disastrous maladies before they had reached a critical stage. Everyone should realize that is an essential feature in trying to preserve our well-being so we should do the right thing a get a regular checkup.

9. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I live in the UK and when you get to 65 you get a regular free checkup where they do your blood pressure, diabetes check, weight check and cholesterol level.

Last time I went everything was fine except the nurse told me I should lose a stone! Not exactly what I wanted to hear but at least I was aware of it.

10. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I have never gone to the doctor for regular check ups and I feel as I will have to soon because I have been feeling weak. I tend to go when I am very sick which is very rare. When I have a regular illness I prefer natural home remedies as I think taking too much medication can also be bad. I try to avoid medication as much as I possibly can.

11. dane

daneMember

Threads:
    @remnant@remnant I think that this is a very dangerous belief to hold. If you tell yourself that going for a checkup is 'necessary' and when you go to a doctor, the doctor's one and only focus is to find something wrong with you - then do you see how you are setting up the arena for disease to manifest in your body? I have a belief that I don't ever need to go for a check up and that I will always stay healthy, and I've never been sick in my life.

#11Jun 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2017
  12. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Regular checkups are essential for optimum health, I agree. We always need to have medical, dental, vision and hearing help and access to all the medical new things too! There is a big breakthrough with curing cancer I saw on the news just the other day. I like these new breakthroughs that can cure people. Today we have cancer inoculations too! I go yearly for women's exams and feel better knowing I'm doing all I can to prevent diseases.

13. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    I am certainly guilty of this. I very rarely get sick so I don't do any yearly medical check-up. I realise the importance of this but it just keeps getting pushed pack to the back-pile of things to do. I just feel its something I need to pay more attention to in the nearest future.

14. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I am making a general health examination for every six months. I hate it because they are taking blood and I am afraid of needles, I make echography, takes the blood pressure. etc.
    It is very important to take this health exam every few months because we may prevent any disease especially the uncured ones.

15. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    This is probably something that I should start making more of a habit of doing, but I just still hate going to doctor, and I am not sure that will ever change. Maybe I just need to suck it up.

16. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I think it's a good idea. And some of the clinics offer this type of the service at the low cost. You can see that health exam can be bad too. Like it may counter effect on your mindset. So depending on how you choose to see it. Things can be a bit different there as well. I have found out that general health exams are often not good if you are having issues with both mental and physical health. That's what I have learned.

17. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    We had these regular check ups in our office but they only covered blood sugar and hemoglobin. They should actually do a kidney and liver profile too. I do that now at regular intervals.