Fully / partially furnished or unfurnished?

Discussion in Mortgage & House Payments started by whnuien • May 9, 2014.

1. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    When we are looking for somewhere to rent the first thing that we would look at is the location and price. Then we will look at what is inside the apartment and so on. Do you usually look for unfurnished apartment so the rent is cheaper? Or would you like partially or fully furnished apartment which the rental cost would be higher?

2. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    I would personally prefer a non-furnished or partially-furnished apartment since my lifestyle requirements are simple. I can live with a bed, a desk, and a small dining table. If the cost of having furnishings would not add to the rental cost, I would gladly take a furnished unit, of course. Generally I would still be partial to having less furnishings provided. I may need the extra space for my projects, anyway.

3. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer fully furnished apartments as I change my residence quite often. I don't like to be tied down with lengthy contracts, but like to take out leases that are no longer than 6 months, with the possibility of extension. My work requires a lot of flexibility, so I never quite know when I need to travel for a month or two. I only ever take my posturepedic mattress and a few household items with me when I am moving to a new place.

4. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    It depends. Because I'm a student at the moment, I can only really go for furnished/partially furnished places as I just don't have the money to buy all the things that I would need right now you know? So being able to pick up a nice apartment which has all I need, for maybe a tenner more every month spread out over a year isn't as bad as it seems at first.