Freebies and Giveaways Tips

Discussion in Freebies and Giveaways started by mmug • Apr 1, 2013.

1. mmug

mmugAdministrator
    Administrator

Threads:
    If you are new to freebies and giveaways I have few tips for you that will make your life much easier while applying for them.

1. Create a new email address.
    I recommend you to don't use your email address because the companies who offers freebies will sent you a lot of follow-up emails (many of those will be SPAM, others often contain other freebie or discount offers) and your private emaill address will be overflow.
    In few minutes you can make a new FREE email address on

or

to use it exclusively for freebie offers.
    You will have to check it every once in awhile as some emails will include other good freebie offers.

2. Realistic Expectations
    Sometimes the freebies offered do not arrive. There are many reasons such as the company not having a large enough supply of the freebie offered. It can also be that a spammer has set up a site to gather email addresses (another important reason to set of a dedicated freebie email account) and never intended to send out the freebie in the first place. Be aware that cases like this do happen and it is a part of getting freebies on the Internet.

3. Form Filling
    You will see that filling out the required information for all the freebie offers you want will be time consuming. If you want to make your life easier you can get a form filling software. One of the more popular free form fillers is

, I use it and I also recommend it.

4. Giving Personal Informations
    It is necessary to enter your real address when you sign up for a freebie because the freebie will be delivered to your house.
    Rarely is there a valid reason for a freebie offer to require a phone number. If a freebie offer requires a phone number, consider long and hard before giving that information to them.
    Don't enter your credit card number unless it is for a free trial of a service that you are 100% sure is legitimate, never give out your credit card number for a freebie offer.
    When a freebie offer starts asking for sensitive information like your social security number or a bank account number leave that freebie site right away.

I hope those tips will help you.

2. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    great tips! I love freebies!! I've kept them, and I've used them as stocking stuffers! Sometimes you can get some really cool stuff!

3. avihabibi

avihabibiMember

Threads:
    By doing so, the advertisers will automatically discard your application and you won't get anything. If this is the case, then why every company keep saying "DO NOT PROVIDE FAKE INFO". The companies are well aware that people use software to fill out the forms. In my opinion the name and email address should be correct at least. I agree that information such as Credit Card details should not be given out unless you are 100% confirm that it is legitimate. Other than that, giving email address won't do any harm to you.

4. Vlatko

VlatkoNew Member

Threads:
    Freebies are very nice.

5. mmug

mmugAdministrator
    Administrator

Threads:
    You can use robo form to complete or other form filling software with YOU REAL INFORMATION. By example in robo form you can create an identity with your informations and it will auto complete the forms with your details. Where do you read about providing fake info?

6. nav0413

nav0413Member

Threads:
    Those are very helpful tips. Thanks for reminding! ;)

7. Mishkin

MishkinNew Member

Threads:
    Using robot for filing forms doesn't mean providing fake information. What's the point?

8. makemoney22

makemoney22New Member

Threads:
    Hello MMUG! I like your post a lot I would have to say, but in my experience with freebies and giveaways, I have not had much luck. I don't know if its due to lack of following up on email confirmations or something else, but if you could recommend a certain website for these freebies, I would greatly appreciate it! I have participated in a YouTube product review video for a company once before, but that was about four to five years ago when I was 18 years old, and it was for plant nutrients, which is not relevant to what you are describing and discussing in this post nevertheless, the average giveaway.
    But, again, I have seen so many magazine articles, online articles, even news stations showing how either mothers of newborns (which seems to be the big topic for freebies/giveaways) or your average family that either is joining in on this new revolution of marketing for companies, and/or families that are less fortunate and have found ways to overcome household expenses. Your tip's are incredibly useful and kudos for sharing them for free, especially on a forum, I have a lot of respect for people that engage in that type of online social networking.
    Here are my two main issues, just to get it clear of what I'm trying to ask:

1. I have no idea how in the world these moms (I say "moms" because its the most related subject to this topic) find these websites, then actually have pictures or videos of them sitting in their living room usually on the couch, opening packages, that companies had sent to them for either a product review or a "freebie?"

2. How often can a person get these freebies? And is there any expense what so ever to getting them, such as shipping and handling or, simply put, a catch to it?

If you could get back to me with some pointers or advice on those main two questions I just asked above, I would greatly appreciate it very much, considering you seem to have a very savvy approach to this topic in particular, as well as having a lot of respect for your knowledge. Thank you again, and take care, I hope to hear from you or someone that is passing through this post response. :cool:

9. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    Mmug.

Thanks for providing all those cool tips. I really enjoy getting freebie in the mail, as it gives me something to look forward to. But sometimes it gets to be a hassle, then I stop freebie hunting for awhile. I guess, like in everything else in life, persistence is the key.

10. kal30314

kal30314New Member

Threads:
    Those are some great tips, thanks for sharing.

The best way to get some freebies or how I get freebies is to join a few websites like "thekrazycouponlady" & "hunt4freebies". Sign up for their newsletter to be sent to your email address. If a offer come to your email, be quick. Because the offer go very fast.

Sometime it nice to write a company to let them no how you feel about their products, easy way to get some coupons & samples.

Trading site like "listia" is another way you can get some really cool stuff, free to join & most auction offer free shipping.

If you not camera shy, start a YouTube channel. I see a lot of YouTuber are getting some really cool stuff from their fans & companies.

11. koupon101

koupon101New Member

Threads:
    thanks for the tip

12. shermanbri

shermanbriNew Member

Threads:
    This is very helpful. I guess I just didn't have a clue that people actually used robots to fill out forms... Doesn't that present issues when there are ways to verify? I used to do this more but haven't had the time lately....I will have to get back into it soon! ;)

13. blur92

blur92Active Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the tips :) I never thought about writing to the company before. That's useful. Sadly, I am camera shy, but I've heard YouTube stars get a lot of free stuff like you said.

14. blur92

blur92Active Member

Threads:
    Making a new email is definitely important. In the past I've made the mistake of not doing this. Everything ends up so disorganized, and I lose track of all my freebies as well as other important information. Consequently, I quit bothering with it and don't receive freebies altogether.

15. BarryJackson

BarryJacksonNew Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the tips :)

16. MLNewkirk

MLNewkirkNew Member

Threads:
    Thank you for these great tips! I didn't even to think to create a whole new email address. My personal is now loaded with spam and I'm having a tough time cleaning out my inbox and junk mail. And I wish I had never given them my number. My phone rings non-stop now, everyday. Drives me mad!

17. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    That's pretty useful information and worth considering. One other thing to consider is that if you change your mind with a provider of these freebies, make sure you subscribe from all of their emails. There have been times in the past when I've either just forgotten to unsubscribe at all or have just unsubscribed from one but not all of the services.

18. cprobus0004

cprobus0004New Member

Threads:
    So many times I see ads for freebies that are something completely different from the freebies that you get. This is so deceiving. And must we really go through so many offers? I always list an invalid phone number because I have found that if these companies do call that it is several times a day. Right now I have University of Phoenix calling 4 times a day. They do not even accept my credits. I'm just tired of explaining that to them.

19. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This post isn't new, but it is still timely and very good information. I really hate getting spammed to death, so it's a great idea to make a separate email address just for offers and such. Your extra email can also be used for signing up on shopping sites that offer discounts if you sign up for their mailing lists. All of your other tips are good and helpful too. I've never used software to fill out forms, but I usually have a notepad with my info typed out, so I can just copy and paste. That could work for those who don't want to use the software.

20. CyberGal

CyberGalMember

Threads:
    I'm so addicted to finding freebies, sweepstakes and steals/deals that I actually run a blog about it. I love getting free stuff in the mail or great deals at the store. You're right though... You have to be careful but since I've become pretty efficient at it, I like sharing with my visitors :)