Flowerhorn As Pet Fish

Discussion in Pets started by tipoywizard • Mar 5, 2015.

1. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    Hi everyone. I have bought a new flowerhorn fish for my aquarium. It is a little bit small but the bump on its head is already grown. It has several markings that looks like chinese character. Our feng sui expert friend told us that the fish is quite lucky. I hope its true. We also put some coins to its aquarium.

Have you tried having a flowerhorn as pet?

2. blueeyes

blueeyesActive Member

Threads:
    For years I had an aquarium but never tried to raise a flowerhorn. To be honest, I had to google the fish to see what it looked like. They are beautiful fish and I hope they bring you some luck. Perhaps you could post a picture of its progress :)

3. CyberGal

CyberGalMember

Threads:
    Wow, that's a beautiful fish. I would love to own one. Just curious: How expensive was he?

4. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I remember when I was young, my father bought a Flowerhorn from his friend. It's so nice to look at it in the aquarium since its head is getting bigger. My father buys food intended for Flowerhorn only to feed. He always takes care of the Flowerhorn but one day his sister feed our Flowerhorn a left over cooked fish then the next day we Flowerhorn die. :(

5. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My brother once brought a flowerhorn fish from the flea market and the rest of the family helped raise it. It grew so much in the span of four years but just when we got excited about its development - particularly its growing forehead - the fish died. We were so dismayed. The scales had already turned a pinkish shade and the fish was very responsive. In the future maybe we'll get another one. We currently have kois in our aquarium. The only setback with flowerhorns is that they are solitary in nature. You can't grow them with other fishes even those of their kind except for breeding purposes.