Finally Found A Pair Of Velvet Track Pants

Discussion in Product Reviews started by iamawriter • Nov 11, 2017.

1. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    velvetpants.

It was not easy to search for velvet pants to suit my requirements. Most were leggings. In fact one Chinese company called them pants but when they arrived I found them to be leggings. They did give me a discount but luckily I managed to sell it to someone here locally and so did not incur losses.

After a thorough search MAX had what I wanted. I had to order for the 2XL size and it is fitting me perfectly.

2. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    I have heard about clothing from Max fashion and many supermarkets stock their clothes although I have never bought anything from them. This one looks really good and I am glad you are happy with the fit too. How is the quality, is it good, worth spending Rs.799?

3. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not a fan of velvet pants, but good thing that you were able to find what you're looking for. I now avoid shopping for clothes online since I bought a couple of them that didn't fit me at all.

4. walter12

walter12Active Member

Threads:
    I'm not a fan of them either but they are pretty comfy and are really warm and smooth, can be very useful in the cold weather.

5. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    I have a couple that i bought in the last couple of years, and i don't regret buying them not one bit, i would recommend them to everyone.

6. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I am wearing it as I am writing this post as although it is known as track pants it is ideal for casual wear. I am quite comfortable with it and looking at rates of pants in general I find this to be reasonable. Do you know of pants that are cheaper?

7. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @walter12@walter12, I live in a tropical country, so there is no winter here. I actually prefer wearing shorts, but not the short ones though, I prefer the knee-length ones.

8. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    I have seen a couple of pants at decent prices, but i just can not remember where, but i think you can find them at large supermarkets.

9. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    I recently bought Jockey track pants for Rs. 750 but they were on sale and I would never buy them on full price. I think we don't get any pair cheaper than this as most quality sportswear is very expensive. Although you might a pair which are locally made the quality is not good and the material is very thick, made of synthetic fiber which is not at all comfortable. So I think you should get one more pair of Max if you are finding it good as they would be better in quality and last longer.

10. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I was looking for a burgundy which was not in stock. I just got a mail from them informing me that they now have it in the size I am interested in. But I will wash the one I have and see if it washes well. I must say it is very comfortable as the inside part is not velvet.

11. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    This one is ok for warm weather as well as where I live there is no winter either. What I like about it is that it moves with me and that is what pants should do. I am planning on buying yet another one in a different colour.

12. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Yes the fabric doesn't seem to be that thick, so it's perfect for jogging or casual wear. But the downside I think is that the velvety part becomes thin and "falls off" with time, as compared to other fabrics.

13. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    My old pants are still living (lol) They are well over 15 years but not from this manufacturer. It is time I discard them and go for something new. Actually they are still wearable but I am tired of them. I am going to order for another piece once I wash this one and see how it stands washing.

14. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, I think you should definitely wash the ones you have and see how it fares. Sometimes, if the velvet is not of good quality then it will show its true mettle in just one wash. If it does not wear or fade in washing, you should definitely buy the one that you want. It is not always that you get what you want. Next time, they might not have the size!

15. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    T
    Today is that day.it will be washed. If it washes well I will go for the other colour. It is for comfortable. It moves with me and that is the type I was looking for. The waist band breadth also is just nice.

16. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    If your pants survives the wash day, I too am thinking of buy the same kind for myself. I am really loving them and your review too. I guess they would have no problem sending it to Pune! ;)

17. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @iamawriter@iamawriter, Old clothes can still be used as house clothes. Don't throw them away. Worn out clothes can be very comfy, since their fabric is quite thin and loose already.

18. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    @moneymania@moneymania It is not the question of old clothes being wearable but I get tired of wearing them for so many years. New clothese makes my day and month and year too (lol).

@nangk08@nangk08 My maid did not have time yesterday but today she will. I will not put it in the washing machine but soak it in soap suds and then wash it by hand. I am sure they will send it to Pune. Just check on their site

#18Nov 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2017
  19. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    haha! For a moment there, I almost thought I started this thread. I'm looking for a pair of track pants/walking pants that are black and have the white stripe (or red stripe, or blue stripe, I don't care) down the side. All I can find are the short capris, or the REALLY WIDE-bottomed ones that flare out. I just want a straight pair that go all the way down, not too tight, not too loose. And for the love of God, NOT the kind that turn into bell-bottoms. :D
    Congrats on finding exactly what you were looking for. I am still in the heart of my search. But like you, refuse to give up until I find what I want.

20. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    This pant has no stripes of the kind you are looking for. I have one such pant bought a long time ago. Do not give up on your search till you find it. We have the Internet at our disposal that takes us to every nook and corner of the world. I searched till I found what I wanted. I am planning on ordering for another one but just want to see how this one behaves after a wash.