Favorite place to travel in Asia?

Discussion in Travel started by eagletal88 • Jan 9, 2015.

1. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    I would like to see more people give their experiences in traveling in Asia. So far, my favorite is the Philippines. With the money exchange rate, USD-Peso, it becomes a very affordable vacation! Plus, it is one of the most beautiful countries I have seen, (as long as you avoid the bigger cities). Heading to Boracay in March, I can't wait!

2. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    Asia has some of most mesmerizing attractive spots that grabs the tourists attentions towards it. China, Shimla, Philli, Seminyak, Nepal, Singapore and Indonesia these are some of most famous attractions of that continent.

#2Jan 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  3. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    What I like about the Philippines is just about everybody can understand, and speak English, (to varying degrees). I agree there are so many beautiful places to visit in Asia, and not enough lifetime to see them all! I would like to see more of South Korea, as I have only been in the Incheon airport, which is pretty awesome actually.

4. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a big fan of Thailand, though parts of it are slowly getting ruined a little, in my view by some of the tourism. But I still like Bangkok a lot and Koh Samui. I also really like Vietnam - I'm recently back from Hoi An, a very sleepy town on the coast and incredibly cheap. And Cambodia is very cool - it does have a dark history but it's beautiful and the people are amazingly nice.

5. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't been to Asia, but I really like and appreciate Asian culture and language. I wouldn't mind going if I had my trip planned out really well, and had enough money. The Philippines sounds like where I would want to go first since most speak English there. I wouldn't mind going to China or Japan, or Thailand, but as I said, I would have to plan the trip really well.

6. tournique

tourniqueActive Member

Threads:
    Big fan of Thailand also. Everyone seems to understand english and it's a nice distinct feeling compared to the western society. Their tourism is also flowering yearly and it seems that it's a keypoint of their economy. While I agree that some tourists ruin the experience for other, I have never encountered any problems travelling so far. Probably because i'm super friendly and usually enjoy a good company of a local asian.

7. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    I agree, it's amazing how well you get treated when you treat others with respect. Especially when visiting another country. Of course, sometimes the locals are weary of foreigners because of bad prior experiences with them. When I was last in was at the immigration office in the Philippines, I was shocked to hear how some of the other foreigners were talking to the locals. It seemed to me they felt they were superior, because they come from a richer country.

8. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't been everywhere, but I do like Nepal, but it can be hard to get around so I go for treks there, but I have to plan the right season. I think Thailand is easy, it's geared towards travelers with transport and accommodation so I enjoy going there and going with the flow. I have flown between cities, got the bus, train and boat and they are all fun, but can take time. It can be cheap too, but tourists are getting ripped off more and that's the only thing to look out for and know the true cost of things.

9. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    I've been to Singapore and Tokyo already and I love being in other parts of the world. One thing with travel is that you have to greatly consider weather conditions when going there. I didn't like the rain on the first day I landed in Japan. Good thing the next day was a bit sunny and I enjoyed much sightseeing and shopping. Singapore was a bit hot though but is a shopping heaven as well. The Philippines is a great to experience when you know where to go. I live here and yes, do avoid the big cities as the traffic really wears out the fun.

10. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    I really liked Taiwan! It had a nice city and nice landscapes, mountains and flowers and waterfalls. It was cheap and the chicken was tasting amazing in the night markets! People there are very helpful and respectful. It was simply great. But I also liked Seoul and the "capital" city feel that went with it, with the temples and all. I did not visit South East Asia, but the nature looks amazing and the prices cheap!

11. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    I agree, my wife is from the Philippines and always teases me about bringing me to Manila for a trip. No thanks :) So far, I have only traveled mostly on Negros, (Dumguette, Sipalay, and Bacolod). We are going to Boracay in March, so that should be fun.

12. Maxwell

MaxwellActive Member

Threads:
    Asia is filled with a lot of beautiful and incredible places. But my most favorite regions are; Japan, China, Indonesia and India. These all countries offers a wide range of awesome places to see that can't be visit just in a single visit.

13. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    Thailand is a fascinating region of Asia. I visited there about few months ago along with my friends. Following attractions are must to visited of that fabulous region. If you guys visited there or not must shared your view or knowledge about them....
    wat pho
    grand palace
    wat arun
    wat ratchanadda
    lumpini park
    khao yai national park
    nong nooch tropical botanical garden
    national museum bangkok
    safari world bangkok
    siam park city

14. Maxwell

MaxwellActive Member

Threads:
    You are right Kylrey, Thailand is also one of the prettiest countries of the Asia. It is also one of my favorite Asian countries but I forgot to mention his name in my previous post. I visited this destination about 2 times in my whole traveling life and visited almost all these places that you have been mentioned in your post.

15. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    I actually live in the Philippines and nature is so beautiful in this country. I'm glad you like it!

Boracay is a nice, white-sanded beach, however it's where most of the beach parties are. If you're looking for more peace and serenity, I would suggest that you go to Palawan. One of the seven wonders of the world are in Palawan, and that's called the underground river. If you go to Palawan, I swear you will enjoy it. It's beautiful.

16. tournique

tourniqueActive Member

Threads:
    Just read an interesting article about Thailand, which makes me even more to go there. There are certain places where you can feel so peaceful and out of this world or western civilization. It's interesting to see their different culture and habbits.

17. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I'm surprised that I haven't been to Boracay yet because a lot of my friends have been there over the years. There and Cebu. I guess they're on my list of places to go at some point. Unfortunately, I'm not a diver so I might miss out on some of the appeal, as that's the main reason some of my friends had been. Maybe it's time for me to take up a new hobby ; )

18. becki

beckiNew Member

Threads:
    Similar to Tourunique, I also a big fan of Thailand. It is very easy to carry out a solo travel in Thailand because most of people here understand English. Except for tuk-tuk drivers, they could not speak English, hence I had to ask the waitress in the nearist restaurant to translate and negotiage the price. Thailand street- food cuture is memorable with spicy taste of "pat thai" and "tom yum", grilled fish, sweet mango sticky rice,... Some fresh water melon, mango or a cup of juice will make you become better under the hot weather of Thailand.
    Next year, I plan to expore deepy Asian culture from Vietnam- Lao- Cambodia by cruise.
    5322aa16ea425.
    I think of booking this cruise

. By the way, I saw that some people here had experience in Vietnam and Cambodia. Please give me some advices, and whether 1633 usd/ pax is a reasonable price for 8 day Mekong cruise.

19. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am from the Philippines but I'd say Singapore is one of the nicest country in Asia that I had been to. Maybe it will pale in comparison with Tokyo in terms of advancement but Singapore has lots of attraction like the Universal Studio, Gardens by the Bay, Resorts World in Sentoza, and so many others. I had been to China, Hongkong, Malaysia, and Thailand. So far, Singapore is the best for me.

20. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    I would say there are number of tourists spots that grabs visitors attentions towards it. I would say some selected are Indonesia, China, and Kashmir, may Kashmir is not highly rated but it is a wonderful destination among nature lovers. If you want to view heaven on the earth so you must take a visit there for once.