Favorite hotel stay ever?

Discussion in Travel started by savergrl • Aug 15, 2012.

1. savergrl

savergrlMember

Threads:
    My favorite hotel was Venician in Vegas. The room was huge and I actually got upgraded because I came late and my category was sold out. Not budget friendly but I would stay again if the finances allowed it.

2. sandees

sandeesMember

Threads:
    The best hotel I stayed at was the Grand Canal hotel in Venice, Italy. It was right on the Grand Canal, and the hotel has it's own dock. Our room was in the courtyard and had a little veranda. I loved it there! we only stayed for one night (one night in Venice too) and I'll definitely stay there again should I ever go back!

3. Pocs

PocsActive Member

Threads:
    Not as fortunate as some of you, I haven't stayed at a upscale hotel. But my best experience was at a mom and pop type place on our way to Niagara Falls. We always take a 3 day road trip on our wedding anniversary and just wing the whole trip. Getting late we decided to find a room. Not a easy task, apparently there was some sort of convention in the area and all of the rooms were booked at the hotel chains. We drove a little further and spotted this small lodge type hotel, clean but a little run down. Upon checking in my husband had told the old couple of our yearly trip and how difficult it was to find a room. They couple was so cute, they gave us the VIP room, which really meant it was larger with a larger tv and next to the ice machine. The next morning, actually our anniversary, we awoke to a knock on the door. My husband opened the door, there on a tray was a beautiful breakfast for two, a nice vase of flowers, a greeting card and a coupon for dinner at a local Restaurant for 50% off the check. It was so nice and unexpected. We headed out for the Falls and decided to stay another night. Upon check out the next morning, the couple gave us a bill of only 45.00, for our entire stay. They explained they couldn't charge us for our anniversary night and that they can't do all the things the newer hotels offer, so when they get a chance the try to do things to add a special touch. They refused to take anymore money. 45.00 dollars a night is a great day to begin with, especially if your used to paying 80 and up. There were no bells and whistles here, just clean simple rooms. The bells and whistles were the little ole couple. Before leaving we left a $100.00 tip in our room.

By far the best stay ever, nothing can ever come close.

#3Aug 16, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  4. niceness8000

niceness8000Active Member

Threads:
    I had a few good experiences in hotels that weren't extravagant. I still go back to those hotels even though I can afford better now. Sentimental reasons for me are just as strong as financial ones.

5. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    The best was one time when I was in Rome because we were downtown and right outside our window were a bunch of bars and cafes and things so there was always something going on. The room wasn't anything special but the atmosphere made it top notch. I wish I remembered the name.

6. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    Venician hotels are very expensive as far as i know, I almost stay to on of these Venician hotel in Macau but I just have limited budget for for stay so I looked for another hotel :D I like Marriott Hotel.

7. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I think it would be have to be one of the hotels in San Diego. I stayed in more than one and they were simply incredible.

One of them I even got for super cheap (50 bucks a night) through Priceline, but it was gorgeous and worth way more.

8. allswl

allswlActive Member

Threads:
    My favourite hotel stay was at the Holiday Inn Sunspree in Jamaica. The accommodations was the best and luxurious although it was no a luxury hotel. The food was great especially the Jamaica dishes that I had on the menu. And last but certainly not least the service was exceptional to say the least. The people were so friendly. .