Favorite Country?

Discussion in Travel started by Moroccanbeauty2266 • Jun 27, 2016.

1. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    In my last post I mentioned that I will be going to Australia during Christmas holidays but I had to reschedule my program because I was offered a job opportunity in New South Wales starting from 3rd week of February. Now Australia is going to be my home for next three years.

2. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I dream of going to Switzerland at least once before I die. I know nought about the country yet it has always had been a strange pull.

3. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    I would love to visit New Zealand some day. This country looks like a complete package that one could expect. From the websites, magazines, newspaper and others medias, I have already gathered a lot of information about this country. Hope some day my wish comes true!

4. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    My favourite country of all time is Egypt. I love the culture and have spent many years researching about the history. Cruising on the Nile was fantastic coupled with the Temple trips we did. In fact, I loved Egypt so much that I went to live there and stayed for nine years!

I've been back in the UK for the last two years and although I love England's quaintness and greenery, I sure do miss my beloved Egypt! :( Anyway, I happened to drink from the Nile, and they say that if you drink from the Nile, that you will return. So, I am really looking forward to going there again. Beautiful Aswan will see me again! :D

5. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes you are right, New Zealand is one of the best countries in this region which attracts number of visitors from all over the world and almost everyone who comes to New Zealand visits Australia and vice versa. I have already visited New Zealand thrice so far and have my plans to visit again during my forthcoming stay in Australia.

6. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    All countries have their uniqueness and tourist spots to boost about. And they are worth visiting to especially to appreciate them, their historical value, among others. It is my desire to go there, to visit there. But for the meantime, I would stay in my beloved country. It is the land of my birth. It has her own uniqueness too in which tourists are coming over to explore them.

7. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I think that I would have to put Italy up there with my favorites, but it is not like the list of countries that I have been to is really long or anything. When it comes to saving money, though, Italy might no be the best choice.

8. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Interesting, I have heard some fantastic good news about this country too, learnt it's one of happiest people in the world. A very nice, friendly place to be.

9. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    The United States of America is mine. Some of the most iconic places reside there. Sure you have to pay for the travel but many museums, Down Town Disney, enormous parks, beaches, zoos, and natural areas are completely free to visit. You don't have to pay extra money to visit those places. Paying for your hotel and flight is all you need to enjoy it.

10. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I think for me and what I have read,Portugal might be the place I would like to travel for a vacation. I think I would really enjoy the cobblestone streets that they say are everywhere and also I would like to taste the great wines that they have over there as well. They like to speak English a lot over there and I think everybody knows about the beautiful beaches and cliffs of Portugal also. The people are friendly most of all and the food is cheap as well.

11. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @FolkArtist@FolkArtist Do you know that we can travel to Portugal within our own country itself, yes that's true if you search about Goa a state of India which was a Portuguese colony until recently still has all the cultural signs of Portugal including language, wine, buildings etc which make you feel as if you were traveling in Portugal plus a local touch. I have visited Goa number of times which has the best beaches anywhere in the world.

12. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I can't choose any country as my favorite because I have great moments in all the countries that I have already had the opportunity to visit. Choosing only one as my favorite would be a bit unfair to others. :)

13. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I would really love to visit France and the US particularly California. From what I have seen I just love the atmosphere and the culture of both and they both have an abundance of interesting sights and places. I would really love to ride on the TGV in France and to visit the Santa Anita Racetrack in California.

14. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @Shine_Spirit@Shine_Spirit I agree with you that we cannot single out a single country but you will also agree that even if you like all the countries you visit in your life time there some of them which you like more than others. I also like most of the places I have visited so far but I cannot say that I love all of them even if I liked them all. I still maintain that I love Australia as much as I love my own country India for various reasons.

15. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah. You're quite right, @Ray1@Ray1. :)

Then, answering your question better: I think I would choose Italy as my favorite country. That place is insane (in a very good way, of course :D).

16. RogMeet

RogMeetNew Member

Threads:
    Sri Lanka is the best country I have visited. The astonishing scenery of this nation took me by heart and people there were extremely helpful when it came to tourists. Apart from the capital, Colombo, most of the parts of the nation were ghats covered by coconut trees on either sides and waterfalls were often seen. The climate was fresh and cheerful and the hill tops were amazing.

The only problem I had was regarding the food. Mostly, in every restaurant the food they served was only non-veg and the oil they used didn't suit my taste, so I had to rely on tinned or packaged food and coconut water which was very sweet and extremely cheap than what we get in our country.

17. Jayden

JaydenNew Member

Threads:
    I would like to mention The Unite State of America because I had spent my every summer vacation in this place.This is the biggest and famous tourist's area. I have explored many attractive places like Grand Canyon National Park, Statue of Liberty, Central Park, Golden Gate Bridge, Niagara Falls. According to my experience these place are most beautiful and amazing.

18. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I still don't have a favorite country since I haven't been abroad yet, but I would like to visit the US, UK, Canada, Australia, China, Japan and Hongkong given the chance, since most people go there for vacation or to work. I would love to explore those countries one by one and try out their native cuisine.

19. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I have travelled extensively and have found fascinating sights to see every place I visited. Of the countries however I thoroughly enjoyed Switzerland particularly that experience at JungFrau. That train to get there passing through panoramic views are still etched in my memory.

20. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    I have only visited the UK so far and really loved it! London is a great place to be in, there are so many places of historical interest, beautiful gardens and parks and amazing shopping to do. I am especially in love with the British gardens. I had a great opportunity to live for two months in Norwich and I truly had amazing experience and beautiful memories of my stay there. The people, especially the ones I worked with were so warm and friendly. Another place I am dying to visit is the Italy.