Favorite Asian Destinations

Discussion in Travel started by vida_llevares • Dec 21, 2012.

1. rikka

rikkaMember

Threads:
    Wow! I want to go and visit South Korea too! I want to experience their culture and eat authentic Korean cuisine. I want to visit their tourist spots and their historical places. Should I go to Jeju Island, I want to see the picturesque nature being preserved throughout the centuries. I want to go to Seoul too! Who knows? We might even meet our Oppas and Unnis there ;) . Other reasons for me to want to go to Seoul are the indie bands at Hongdae, the cat cafes, the music entertainment buildings (YG Entertainment, FNC Entertainment, the old and the new JYP Entertainment), and Myeongdong. I also want to visit the "Winter Sonata" film locations and pose in front of Choi Ji Woo's and Bae Yong Joon's statues. :eek:

2. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah rikka! ******* Let me share some names of must to attractions there.
    Gyeongbokgung Palace
    Namsan Mount Soul
    National Folk Museum of Korea
    Hallasan
    Ulleungdo

3. rikka

rikkaMember

Threads:

Hey Kylrey, thank you so much for the list of must-see tourist spots in South Korea. I think that if I should go to S. Korea, I will enjoy. I want to go there not just to be shallow and hunt my favorite biases, but to learn their culture.

Hallasan looks great. This is the highest mountain in South Korea, right? I am glad it is in Jeju Island because I can go there with just a passport. In my country, Jeju Island is the only place in South Korea where we can go without visa.

Gyeongbokgung Palace looks splendid! I am sure I will gape the moment I will step in front of the historical place. But of course, I need a visa to go there. But I wonder, there's this historical building that was featured in "Rooftop Prince" wherein Park Yoochun's Joseon dynasty character wanted to go inside but could not (and was forbidden by the police to do so) because he is already in the modern world. I wonder what place is that, and I am honestly curious too.

4. Maxwell

MaxwellActive Member

Threads:
    You are right rikka, Gyeongbokgung Palace is a beautiful attraction to see in South Korea. This palace was built in 1395. It is also known as Northern Palace. It is located in northern Seoul, South Korea and built by the Joseon Dynasty.