Facebook Messenger Can Make You Save You Money

Discussion in Landline & Mobile Phone Networks started by moneymania • Aug 2, 2017.

1. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Everyone uses Facebook already, and most have Messenger installed in ther phones. It can save you alot when you use it for calling and sending messages right, as compared to using your network provider to text and make calls, since FB Messenger is like Viber where the calls and texts are free. Have you already taken advantage of FB Messenger to replace being dependent on your network provider when it comes to keeping in touch with people?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use either messenger or WhatsApp as long as there is a wi-fi connection to save costs on texting. Often people do short texts and as I am on PAYG each text costs a lot so I try to get people to use WhatsApp because not everyone is on Facebook and some friends don't have a smartphone either! It's useful though and I do use messenger when I can and also you don't have to be friends with someone now, but they still need to accept your request.

3. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    That's true. However, if you use phone internet to make calls and send messages through facebook, you will spend more money. Using facebook for calls and messages saves money only when you have access to wifi. If you can use wifi to check facebook and use facebook's calling and messaging system, you will save a lot of money.

4. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    Yes I use Facebook messenger and Whatsapp although Whatsapp is only free for a year and then you pay a small charge. I love Whatsapp especially when it comes to sending pictures, it's just so easy and cheap compared to sending them through my network provider. The only drawback is you need wifi to be able to use them but as I spend quite a lot of time home it's not a problem for me.

5. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    Before you can use the FB messenger to call and send messages, you and the other party needs to have access to the internet. Not everyone has data or WIFI connection so it could not possibly replace all call and messaging services by the network provider. I find it cheaper and more convenient to load up on a prepaid combo load that provides 5 hours of trinet and landline calls, 1,000 text to all networks, and free facebook and chat (viber/messenger etc.) with a one-month validity period all for $4. With this type of load, you can maximize the call and text allowances by using fb messenger, viber, or line whenever possible.

6. Vinicius Souza

Vinicius SouzaMember

Threads:
    Yes, I agree with you. There are other apps which assure this benefits like WhatsApp. This app can do video calls like the famous Skype.

In Brazil, some carriers had requested a law to limit Whatsapp and other apps because they are decreasing their annual profit. However, Brazilian justice did not accept.

7. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Lol I guess they fear that one day their business will just close up. Over here it's the same thing. It's more easy to get a postpaid plan nowadays and to re-connect it too if it has been cut, because their profit is dwindling.

8. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    Yes you are correct. I never buy load from the stores because there's an alternative way and that is the Facebook Messenger. It has saved me a lot of money by using this app. And also there is another advantage of using this one, you can see if the person you like to talk to is online or offline.

9. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    It's a laudable FB freebies for their users especially messenger facility. You csn contact any members of your family. Friends, coemployees or even your head of office, supervisor anytime as long as they're messenger subscription or member.

FB messenger is very useful. Hope FB won't remove it.