Expensive Dog Trainer Is Worth It

Discussion in Pets started by Alexandoy • May 22, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think I have posted in another thread that we had our dogs trained. This is an advice about the dog trainer. We hired a dog trainer whose fee is very cheap and affordable. But his way of training is not really effective. We had our 2 dogs trained, both 1 year old. They say that the age of our dogs is ideal for training. Both dogs would obey our commnds to sit but other than that, they wouldn’t budge to any other command. When the trainer is here, our dogs behave well. Maybe the trainer is not really good so I am giving advice to hire a good trainer by checking his references and not minding the expensive fee.

2. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, it's worth it... Especially after several unsuccessful attempts.

Those trainers usually charge more expensive because they are professionals better prepared to deal with the most difficult challenges (something that a good part of the professionals can't solve).

3. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, it's most likely that it would be worth it to get the more competent professionals to do the training. In this case, it should be all or nothing, If you believe that the dog should be trained, then you should go for the better package or leave it alone because if you should try the inferior route, then you would probably be wasting your money. There are some breeds of dogs that may tend to go rouge on a whim and could be very devastating to life and property. The training for the breeds, in particular, should be effective competent enough to ensure that you are able to control them if they should seek to get out of hand.

4. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    I've never appointed a dog trainer for my dogs, so far. I bought most them as young as couple of months old. Started to give instructions for the basic activities from the initial stages. Eventually, they started following the commands. In fact, I never felt the necessity to appoint a dog trainer as my pets are never exposed to perform high end drills like the trained ones. Anyway, they follow all the instructions made by the familiar members.

5. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    I don't have any personal experience about any trainer as I don't have dog. But my uncle is having one dog and I can say that giving proper training is really important. Here my uncle having dog but so far no training to it and I know how much they are suffering. So yes proper training is very necessary. And I guess we should choose proper trainer too.

6. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    My dog Tao and me used to go to a dog club run by the Kennel Club. They would have training in obedience and agility. They would go every week and we were supposed to practice every day. I didn't practice every day but my dog Tao achieved the 'Bronze Good Citizen' award.

For this, he had to sit, stay, retrieve, and do a few jumps and sit still while I had a chat with one of the judges. The Kennel Club is renowned for their brilliant understanding of all dog breeds and they may also be in your country.

The two dogs that I have now had never been to training. They behave perfectly as I want my pets to behave, but they do jump all over visitors which isn't pleasant for them.

Recently I have been watching Cesar Milan on the TV and he is very good. They call him the dog whisperer. He has a website with heaps of tips for dog training. I have been copying his methods and they seem to be working.

I wouldn't bother with dog trainers unless I saw their credentials first. But I would also only train with the Kennel Club or do it myself. Training a dog is trail and error. Keep at it every day for 10 minutes.

Just as we humans must go to school, so do dogs have to go to school to learn how to behave. They love it too. They love to see the other dogs and mix and play with them. As well, they love to please their masters.

A happy dog is a trained dog.

7. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I think some people can afford expensive trainer. I personally don't afford it. So I learned from youtube and I am teaching that to pets. That way you can see it's possible to teach them. You have to understand that for every pet the time to be strict and soft is different for each pet. You have to avoid spoiling them. That way you'd be able to get them to do things.

8. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I am not sure about this one and I would really have to weigh the pros and the cons. I am the sort of person who likes the mess and the struggle though, so it might take some of the fun out of it, although I am sure it would be nice.