Expensive Cosmetics - Are They Worth It?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by littlewitch66 • Oct 26, 2017.

1. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    Anyone who has ever worn makeup knows there is a huge difference between the highest and lowest prices. But are these expensive brands worth it? I normally go for cheaper brands unless a colour I am looking for only comes in an expensive brand. How much money are you prepared to pay for looking good?

2. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    There are a lot of expensive cosmetics that do not worth the money, most of them can be prepared at home with a few ingredients that we have them in our home, this is cheaper and more natural than the ones from supermarkets or pharmacy!

3. Johnsnow

JohnsnowNew Member

Threads:
    there is a reason some are high price and some are low price ,so if u have the cash for the high price once go for it cause u will eventually notice the difference, "spread your wings and fly"

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to work for one the most expensive cosmetic companies where lipsticks were £30 a decade ago. They can be worth it, but it depends on the brand. Some are overpriced for what they are and you pay for the marketing and packaging, and others are worth it because they last long and the color stays true.

I recently bought some cheap £1 lipsticks and they weren't good, but would be fine for teenager starting out. I do like to experiment though and there are some good cheap lipsticks, but sometimes an expensive one is nice for the click factor!

5. Keibah

KeibahActive Member

Threads:
    I don't care too much about make up so it would be ridiculous for me to always go for expensive brands anytime I feel like buying make up. I could get a good one like a lipstick that would last me forever. Lol

I would recommend quality for anyone who loves to buy make up because the ones that cost less aren't really good and could cause some serious skin irritations. Trying to save some money shouldn't come at the expense of your health and also trying to look pretty shouldn't make you look hideous.

6. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    My girlfriend would say yes, because she's crazy about them. But for me, it's na unprecedented loss of money because I consider natural beauty something unbeatable.

7. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I never wear makeup though some of my classmates do. I always feel the expensive ones might be real and genuine. I have seen on news many times cases where a girl used some beauty creams to make the breast bigger but made her condition worse and doctors were saying that women should consult doctors and not go for cheap creams.

I also don't know the importance of wearing makeup though I have tried once in a while and never felt comfortable. Getting a product that is friendly to the skin is what I have always prioritize. :D

8. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    Some expensive brands aren't worth it at all. I've tried different brands and product ranges and found my best makeup from a direct selling company that sells affordable cosmetics. I love to wear BB cream and oil control makeup from the same company and they're the best combination for me. I would have to say that our skin's original condition has a lot to do with the final outcome.

My lipstick is a bit on the expensive side though and I feel that it's worth it because of its full coverage and lasting shade. I've experimented with cheaper lipstick brands in the past and some fade when I eat or drink or leave kiss marks on my son's lips.

9. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    I am sure there are less expensive cosmetics which you can go for, if you want to save money. Proper nutrition and hygiene can also play a great role to perfect someone's body even more than cosmetics. Care should also be taken when using some cosmetics, like skin lotions. They may have side effects that are undesirable. Some require someone to use them throughout without giving them a break. In the event of lack of money, the body responds very badly,pimples, rashes, among others.

10. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    I have tried using cheap and expensive make up and I would say that the expensive ones that I have tried are way worth than the cheap ones. In terms of contents, I do not know how they are different, but the cheap ones would be fine but if it's for a special occassion, I would use the expensive ones since they last longer.

11. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not an avid fan of make ups but I do have a few ones. I've also tried some cheap and expensive ones and I can say that expensive ones are worth it (well not all but the ones that I've tried). I've tried Mac, Revlon and L'oreal and I can say that they are all worth their prices. Although they are great and long wearing, there are other alternatives which costs way more cheaper but in good quality. You just have to find them though ;)

12. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    Well it all depends on how you look at it. For me, I do not compromise on facial products, especially specific serums for fine lines. It may be costly but the long term effects is more dangerous than the expenses. I also tried out snail gel products that is a but on the expensive side but it worked wonders for my skin so I really don't mind the cost.

13. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    I've spent tons of money on expensive "cakey" concealers for under eye bags (not dark circles, I'm talking about bags)...and you know what? I can't say they do any better of a job than the cheap 99-cent NYC brand that I buy at the grocery store.
    In fact, I prefer the cheap NYC brand, and I think because it's pretty thick. You can work well with a thick, cakey concealer. I'm always on the hunt for an even thicker one, but I don't think it exists. I've already tried all the expensive brands. I really don't think expensive makeup is worth it anymore. Not for me, anyway. Plus, there's always the possibility of skin allergy, and it's SO MUCH easier returning something to your local store than when you order the pricey online makeups only to find you're allergic and you need to ship them back. o_O

14. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I honestly don't care for such things but in my opinion I think it is just a waste. A little make up here and there is fine but there is such a thing called too much. I would suggest just trying a more natural beauty, invest in proper shampoo and lotion for the skin and just have a healthy diet. It is much cheaper.

15. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I once tried a wrinkle lift cream. It was three times higher than my moisturiser cream. I used the cream for 6 weeks. I did of course saw some results, however, the results did not worth the money. Therefore I decided not to use that product again. Instead of using costly cosmetic items, I follow home remedies and home beuty tips.

16. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I won't spend a lot of money on make-up since I'm not even fond of wearing one. I'll just go for the cheap ones. The lipstick that I bought recently only cost $6.

17. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    I always buy drugstore makeup brands. High-end makeup brands are too overpriced for me. Having expensive cosmetics is not a necessity to me. There are a lot of drugstore makeups out there that have good quality. It just depends on your preference when it comes to makeup though.

18. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    One should be careful before starting to use make up. A made up face if not made up will have a'dead' look. It is best therefore not to use make up. I just dab some talcum powder after my bath, have a colourless nail polish and a mild perfume. I wear a light lipstick. All this does not change my look in anyway in that without it, it would not make much difference.

19. BMT1014

BMT1014Member

Threads:
    hi there,
    I was quite surprised that you can make cosmetics out of natural ingredients that can be found in your home. I am now curious about how you do it. In fact, it's pretty amazing if that's the case. I wish cheaper cosmetics works for me but unfortunately, that's not the case. My skin is very sensitive that's why only hypo-allergenic make-up will do and it was really expensive. I hope you can share with us your natural cosmetic recipe.

20. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    I enjoy living my life in a simple way and that involves not spending much on make ups. In as much as some cosmetics are quite expensive, I think there is need for one to be careful not to spend much on them which is the reason I just use simple lotion on my skin before going out every day.