Exact Bus Fare In Hongkong And Singapore

Discussion in Travel started by Alexandoy • Jun 19, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We had several experiences of overpaying in the bus. The last time was in Hongkong when we had no coins and I had to insert $10 in the fare bin. There is no change so you need to have the exact fare if you don’t have the Octopus card. That also happened in Singapore when we had to pay more due to lack of coins. It’s all right because those are only coins but if it happens often then it’s not all right anymore.

2. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    It can be expected that there might be minor losses on a trip. Nonetheless, it is nothing compared to a huge loss. For instance, stuff like theft or perhaps lost money. In that case, you would need to have travel insurance and a way to access replacement money from home. Anyway, for the minor stuff, it's always good to prepare beforehand, so that certain problems won't arise to begin with.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Locally on Oahu, we too have to have exact change for the bus driver doesn't give change. So some people ask for change before riding, if I got change I'll exchange dollar bills for my coins. I get a bus pass so there is no worry about paying. We pay $60 dollars for monthly bus pass. When you reach 65 and over, you can get a 2 yr. bus pass for only $30! It's sad when you got to loose money when you ride the bus for riding the bus is to save money. Wish things get better for you!

4. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    In my country, the authorities have been moving towards a cashless system. The process is ongoing and eventually, commuters will only be allowed to travel if they have the prepaid bus fare card, therefore, the system currently allows for prepaid and cash paying commuters. The cash paying persons are advised not to tender denominations above a certain amount for which they would have to get change from the driver. Even though they have been advised not to some persons still try to tender the denominations which they are not supposed to. In most instances, whenever they tender the unapproved denominations they are not allowed to ride on bus