Ever Been Paid In A Foreign Currency?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by remnant • Aug 13, 2016.

1. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I have been paid in Pound and the Euro in past. And that money is converted into the USD as USD is my default currency in paypal. Whenever I get any foreign currency, the money is converted into the USD. And this way I don't have much hassles on the currency conversion right off the point where I get the money. You can see that foreign currency options are good with paypal. So most of the things are hands off from them.

2. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I was paid by an online site in USD ($23) by check (I live in Australia. When I presented it in my bank for depositing in my account I was told that I shall be charged $25 as bank charges :(. As far I got payment in other currencies I have been getting them in different currencies like Euro, Pounds and Dollars in my Paypal and moneybooker (skrill) account from time time.

3. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I rarely get paid in my own currency, most sites pay in dollars and being in the UK our currency is in British pounds. I have come to expect it now. However, Prolific Academic, the survey site pays in pounds and it is nice to get paid in my own currency. Paypal will take a conversion fee but it's the same for everyone so no use complaining,

4. Kieranlewix

KieranlewixMember

Threads:
    The only foreign currency I have been paid with is the US dollar.In my country 1 US dollar is equivalent to 100 Kenya Shillings,which makes working online so exciting for me.I work here and there and accumulate a few dollars a week and with that I am able to cater for my daily needs.I would like to be paid in UK currency though,just to give it a test-run.I am sure many of us would.With the current world economy,I think the American Dollar is the most prestigious currency don't you agree?

5. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    The online sites I am on now pay me in dollars. The money is automatically converted to my local currency when I send it to my local bank account. :D The fee is just 2% when transferring the money from PayPal to my local bank account.

6. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    So far I've only been paid in US and UK currency plus my local currency, and never in bitcoin yet. I actually prefer receiving pounds because the exchange rate is higher than USD.