Enforced Standards Relating To Bottled Water Production

Discussion in Water started by explorerx7 • Sep 4, 2017.

1. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    People have been increasingly moving towards bottled water consumption. There are hundreds of brands of this commodity on the market and they all are accompanied with an advertisement that is touting their greatness. It would be interesting to know if these companies that are providing the water are being monitored for the maintenance of safe water quality standards. In most instances, we do not know about the sources from where the water is being extracted. I am not certain that there is any concerted arrangement to monitor the safeness of the water that is being produced. Random independent enquiries have been done in the US and it was found that some of the bottled water was merely tapped water and in some instance, there was bottled water which was loaded with bacteria. I believe that it's high time that strict regulatory standards should be introduced to the production of bottled water

2. NicholasMukuha

NicholasMukuhaActive Member

Threads:
    Infact I agree with every bit of what you have said. For some branded companies like Dasani, which I believe is from the CocaCola company, I think it is safe for consumption. This is because, in Kenya we have a body called the Kenya Bureau of Standards, that has stamped its mark of quality on their products. However, for other local brands, I think the government should put in place tough measures to ensure we get water that is safe for consumption.