Ebay Scam

Discussion in Scams = To Good To Be True started by kingcool52 • Oct 5, 2016.

1. kingcool52

kingcool52Active Member

Threads:
    So I have been selling Xbox Live Codes on eBay and realised how dangerous it can be. I have had two buyers claim unathorised payments and claimed chargebacks. Of course with Paypal being so buyer friendly, they got the refunds. Now I was also out of pocket for the money I spent buying the codes. However one of the buyers was probably waiting till he got the refund because using the codes. So I ended up selling the codes and got the money back. Unfortunately the other seller had already used the code so I lost money on that.

It's important to be becareful when selling on eBay. Have you ever been scammed on eBay?

2. Vinicius Souza

Vinicius SouzaMember

Threads:
    I almost bought a phone from a scam seller. It was a good offer, so I ignore risks and clicked in "buy".
    I had luck because Ebay identified scam seller, consequently, Ebay canceled the commercial transaction.

3. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I have been a victim on ebay once. Thankfully, I was able to recover the funds. It happened that a hacker got into a seller account and reduced the price of the product by 50 percent. When I saw the product I wanted for such a cheap price. I immediately bought it. Two days later, ebay informed me what had happened. I was asked to claim refund on paypal. I filed a dispute and was able to get back my money.

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow! I'm thinking of buying a real cheap item, and now I'm rethinking about it. I'm bidding on it and no alerts have come my way. I've bought before from ebay with no problems at all. This seller has a 98% positive feedback, so I'm confident that it's legit. I know that scammers must be caught, and ic3.gov is a good place to report them and reporting the scam to ebay may get you your money back too like luri did. Good luck and wish me luck too for I really want these earrings which comes with free shipping from CA and is now my high bid of $2! I'd really like to get the unicorn pendant.

5. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    I've not been scammed buying on eBay and the thing is that I've been much careful about the type of deals that I go for while shopping on the site. I don't go for products with unbelievable prices as long as they are I know for sure that there is way such products will go for that amount.

6. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    You're one of the lucky few that could be able to claim their money after a scam has been done. It's nice that eBay have tracking systems that monitor transactions for this could have been an ugly experience for you losing your money for nothing sake.