Ebates Scam or no?

Discussion in Scams = To Good To Be True started by Tellyv • Nov 15, 2014.

1. Tellyv

TellyvMember

Threads:
    I've heard so much about this site called Ebates and I wondering if it's a scam or not. It just sounds to good to be true. Do you have any experience with Ebates, if so has it been a good experience?

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    eBates isn't a scam at all. You will earn cash back on your purchases at approved retailers online as long as you follow the steps outlined by eBates. Failure to follow their guidelines is often what leads to people calling eBates a scam, but that's not the company's fault. You get paid your cashback something like four or five times per year, and then you do get a signup bonus in the form of a $10 gift card for your first purchase over $25.

3. missbee23

missbee23Member

Threads:
    It seems legit. You only get out of it what you spend, but if you already do a lot of shopping online, it could be beneficial. It won't pay the rent, but it might buy your next purse.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's a good cashback site and I have had prompt payouts from them. They pay via PayPal or by check and monthly. You just have to remember to use the site to click through to other sites which you can monitor. I used the ticket system to query an order and then chased it up within hours and it showed up on my account.

They also have good referral bonuses which can be worth it to get your friends and family to sign up.

5. toradrake

toradrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Sounds like a great way to save a few dollars in two different ways. One, paying less for items you were going to buy anyways and two the money comes back to you later. Kind of like your taxes. LOL

6. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    Ebates is 100% real. Some people don't follow through with the rules OR just plainly fail to use the website correctly yet jump to claim the site is a scam. I actually order online several times a month and going through ebates, I get a monthly check of my earnings. I've never missed a payment and have never had problems with the site. I actually encourage anyone that orders online to sign up with ebates. The perks are awesome.

7. djr88

djr88New Member

Threads:
    Ebates is 100% legit. I don't shop much but what I do buy online. The percentage the stores give back varies every few days or so. One might be as high as 6 or 8 percent one day and as low as 1 percent the next. I've been with them for a few years now. I was very hesitant but they send out the checks and now do paypal very promptly. The money comes from advertisers. It's well worth it. And they do pay out if you get a friend to join. She just got a $10 gift card in the mail a month before Christmas!