Easier To Return Items To Amazon, Than Ebay! For Sure..

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Natasha0717 • Nov 19, 2017.

1. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    I do my fair share of shopping on Amazon and eBay, and I must say that Amazon has made the return process super-easy. In fact, as soon as my item is put into the system at my local UPS store, my refund is usually automatically issued.
    eBay, on the other hand...I remember everything being a little more stressful. I'm pretty sure I only had a few days to get everything back together in the box, and then I remember waiting quite a while for the refund to process. I was a little worried about it processing at all, because I would get emails saying my refund was issued, but the money wasn't showing up anywhere. :eek:o_O It finally did, after about a week, but I know I love dealing with Amazon when it comes to refunds. eBay, well, I get a little uneasy.
    Where have you shopped online where the refund process was easy? What about difficult, worrisome?

2. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I agree with you that it is so easy to return goods to Amazon. A few months ago I bought the wrong phone case so I called them to arrange the return but because the cost was small they refunded two thirds of the cost of the wrong case and let me keep it. It was so much easier than having to mess about with a return and then I was able to order the correct case which came the next day.

I rarely do returns with other companies because it is such a fiddle with postage costs and wrapping up securely. Then you have an indefinite wait for either a refund or the more suitable product.

3. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Do they not belong to one owner? Are they no twin online companies? Anyway I haven't experienced buying from them yet.

4. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    @Nakitakona@Nakitakona Yes, usually one owner. But more like an eBay "store"... which is most likely one owner anyway.
    I have never bought an item from an individual person on eBay, I like the eBay stores. And the return process wasn't all that bad, just a bit more complicated than Amazon, and a lot more lengthy. Amazon makes it as easy as 1-2-3! :cool::) And so quick.

#4Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2017
  5. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Amazon has really made it easy to return any item, as long as you save the box that it comes shipped in, just in case you need to send the item back. Even if you don’t have the box, you can still send it back; but it is much easier when you already have just the right size box.
    Amazon pays for the return shipping, so all you have to do is print out the return label, and send it off with the UPS driver.
    It used to be that Amazon would do exchanges; but it seems like now they only take returns and then refund the money back to you.
    We recently ordered a coffee maker, and it was one that uses either fresh coffee grounds or the little k-cups. The little adapter to use it with k-cups was missing, and if we could have had Amazon just send us that little part , everything would have been fine; but instead we had to return the coffee maker and wait for the money to be refunded and then shop for a different coffee maker.

6. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I have only shopped on Ebay and other sites that accept Paypal, and when something went wrong with the purchase I usually get a refund. I don't have a credit card so I have never shopped on Amazon yet.

#6Dec 25, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2017