Early Hotel Booking

Discussion in Travel started by Alexandoy • Oct 18, 2016.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We usually buy our plane tickets on a discount so it is always at least 3 months earlier. With the hotel abroad, we normally book when it is 1 month to go. But someone told us that booking a hotel room earlier can entitle us to a big discount because hotels have that arrangement with online bookers. So now once we buy our plane tickets, we immediately get a hotel booking. We still do not know how much discount we get but maybe it is true because one hotel receptionist said that booking early saves us money.

2. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah it is fact that earlier booking can cause for you to save your money. I had a very bad experience once i was planned a tour with my business partner on the very last moment that was the time while we were in hurry and we have to attend our urgent meeting, booked some tour and while reached at the hotel due to some fest all 5 star were booked and we move to a cheap and middle class hotel to spend a night, because we were having no other option, you won't believe that there pricing were like a super five star hotel, because they were aware of this that we are having no other choice. so we booked it and in dvance you can chose your price you services without being so worried.

3. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Booking in advance can save money, and if you use a company that offers discounts, then you can usually save even more. I have used motels.com before, and they offer discounts up to even 50% on rooms, especially if you are staying more than one night, or you are traveling at a time where they are apt to have empty rooms.
    Tours would be even better, because they have to pay for everything, and they need to fill up all of the seats and the rooms. Cruises always offer special prices, providing that you can go when they need to fill up an underbooked cruise, and not when they have enough people going on the cruise.
    Greyhound bus lines also takes a lot off of their bus fares when you book early, and usually airlines do that, too.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Early booking is recommended for very specific dates and popular areas. However, when it is off season you can book later and get a better deal in some area.

If you do have a family or need specific rooms, such as special needs or a family room it is better to book early, but as a solo traveler I am more flexible with room types and also dates. Weekends can be cheaper in cities, so the date you check in can make all the difference to the room rate. Most hotels do offer a price guarantee now, so if you do find the room cheaper they will refund the difference to encourage people to book early.

5. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    Booking an hotel room early USED to save people money, but here in the UK that doesn't seem to apply anymore. I recently travelled to the other side of the country and booked the 4 day break myself maybe 6/8 months in advance. Paid for the hotel, received my discount and was happy enough with the price and the saving I made.

In the meantime, a relative said that they wouldn't mind coming so they travelled down with us on the day on the off chance they would also be able to get a room at the same hotel. When we arrived I checked in and the hotel receptionist also said they had a spare room available that she could offer at a lower amount than what I had paid. While I was happy for my relative, I did query why just turning up on the day was cheaper than booking months in advance and the response was that booking earlier doesn't always mean cheaper these days as hotels with spare rooms will offer massive discounts just so they are filled.

I guess the moral of the story is that if you're not worried about getting into a certain hotel, then it can work out cheaper just driving round and seeing what hotel's have a vacancy and just taking your chance.

6. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    The necessity of early booking either in plane or in hotel is to avoid the rush not only for the discount that you may avail of. In a place where a national and noted festival early booking is being promoted and a big discount could be availed of.

7. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    Booking early not only saves you money but time aswell. I think that it is true that you safe money since you also make it easier on the hotels employees and business, this way they know ahead of time what to look for without rushing.

8. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    Yes i do agreed with all members booking ealy could save money and time as well.

9. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    In my case I get very few opportunities to book hotels well in advance because either my programs are not pre-planned or we have our own guest houses in all the places I visit. However, I know it is better to book a room well in advance to avoid disappointment especially in peak season besides the rates are different too.