E-gift cards!

Discussion in Misc & Others started by steph84 • May 14, 2012.

1. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I just discovered my new favorite thing: e-gift cards. I am always so bad at buying gifts on the fly and hate when I have to go down to a store just to stand in a long line to buy a gift card. Now I just buy gift card boxes at the Dollar Tree and print out my e-gift cards at home. For mother's day I gave my mom a gift certificate to JCP and they e-mailed it to me within a few hours. It was great! Does anyone know what other stores I can do this at other than JCP and Amazon?

2. SmartVersatileCookie

SmartVersatileCookieNew Member

Threads:
    I don't know any other store that has e-gift cards. I just recently discovered the concept and it is amazing! I can't believe that you can just email gifts now; it is so awesome.

3. mimi8zm

mimi8zmMember

Threads:
    I know! I've tried that with Amazon. My relatives like it because they get to choose and don't end up getting something they can't use. It's very convenient too because the one I got was even via Facebook or email.

4. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I have never purchased an e-gift card before. I did help my boss get one and it is surprising how quick you get it to print it out. I was afraid that it wouldn't work at the store but apparently they do take them. I think the one that my boss got was for Crate and Barrel.

5. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Ooh I never heard of Crate & Barrel e-gift cards before! Thanks for sharing! I also just found out that you can buy Starbucks e-gift cards and load them onto existing physical Starbucks cards. You can also earn points for each purchase made with a gift card & they send you a free drink on your birthday! Awesome!

6. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I have one from about two years ago and didn't know that I could just use them a a store and I just left it there. I guess I can still use it for something in a store and they won't say anything about how old it is or how does that work? Do anyone know about that?

7. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    This is a wonderful share. Thank you so much. I love gift cards...and e-gift cards sound even better! What a great way to save some time and effort and still be able to get something of worth. I will have to investigate now to see what stores I can access this for. I reckon in the very near future all stores will have this option. It would definitely be a positive income stream.

8. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    I occasionally buy e-gift cards for my mom, or my brother. I buy gift card for Macy's or Walmart for my mom, and Amazon, or Gamestop cards for my brother. Usually, I just give cash if they don't prefer any of them.

9. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I love e gift cards ever since I was gifted one myself.
    I think the whole idea of sending one as a present through email is just one of those little things that you appreciate and you know anyone will.its just so easy and perfect that you ant go wrong with this gift.

10. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know how many stores have egift cards available, but I know you absolutely can't go wrong with amazon. They sell literally everything for every taste, and so anybody on your list will find what they need.

11. daniel.d

daniel.dBanned

Threads:
    I like the idea because it is cost effective... :D

12. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Now that I live far from home, I'm thinking of using this option for gifts. My mother's birthday is coming up and although I know her taste very well and would rather buy her something great, I don't know what she's bought for herself since my last visit and I don't want to ask her, she'll know why I'm asking lol. I know her favorite stores, so I'll just take a look into those and see if they do e-gift cards. The only one's I've purchased so far were for small "just because" gifts, through Amazon and Ebay. Very convenient.

13. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I love E-gift cards and think they are brilliant for sending to people who live some distance away that you don't always see. The only drawback is the person knows how much you have spent on them! I always send Amazon vouchers to my daughter and her fiancee because I know they really appreciate them no matter how much they are worth.

14. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like e-gift cards, and Amazon is probably my favorite; but many other places also sell these online. I think that as more and more people are now shopping online, more places are offering gift cards especially for that purpose.
    They can also be a good thing for someone who has problems managing money. As an example, I know someone who always spends his Social Security check as fast as he gets it, and then he never has money for food. He passed out in his apartment and ended up hospitalized for several days.
    His family was trying to decide how to help him save money for food, and one of the suggestions was to get him a gift card for Walmart or even Costco, where he could purchase food or clothing; but not just spend it for foolish stuff online. He (of course) didn’t want anyone to regulate what he could spend his money on, and as far as I know, he is still going without a sufficient amount of groceries each month. Short of having him committed and taking over his SS check, there is not much his family can do.