Duplicate channels with Comcast?

Discussion in Digital & Web TV started by Mayvin • Jun 23, 2014.

1. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I just relocated to a new state and where I was before I never noticed duplicate channels or channels that were high like 38 and 867 being the same station lol. Thought that was really weird. Wondering if anyone else has duplicate channels like that on Comcast.

2. Fauxpat

FauxpatMember

Threads:
    I don't have cable, but I've noticed odd things like that on other people's cable and satellite packages. For instance, say you notice you have two Cartoon Networks. One's an East Coast feed and one's a West Coast feed. I guess I get it, if you've missed a show by less than an hour, but other than that it seems completely unnecessary. Not only that, but if you want HD, sometimes you have to get both HD and standard definition. Then all the HD channels start at a ridiculously high number. Just more and more ways for them to make more money.

3. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I've never noticed the duplicate channels in the previous state I lived in and that is strange how you mentioned about the two cartoon network channels one with west coast and the other with east coast time. I don't get how they would do that, although it could be convinent for other shows if you missed it. But that's what Tivo is for to record it. It's strange! Don't completely get how they would make more money from it but it probably is a more money making ploy somehow.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have Cartoon Network east and west on DirectTV, and it has come in handy on more than one occasion. When I fell asleep and missed Attack on Titan, all I had to do was wait another for hours for Cartoon Network west to show it.

Cartoon Network duplicates don't bother me. It's all the other unwanted channels like CNN and Golf Channel that bother me. If cable companies offered an A La Carte package where you only paid for channels you wanted, I would only have 20 channels. Most people don't need or want all the channels that they get stuck with.

5. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think I have duplicate Cartoon Network (maybe I'm missing something?) but I do have duplicate Nickelodeon. On the rare occasion, I have watched it. It has helped because I have missed a show or two and you forget about it so DVR doesn't always help especially since I was going to DVR it anyway.
    Even though I don't use it that much, I agree that I'd much rather have it than many of the other channels. It probably wouldn't be that much either for me. I hate sports news and evangelists so all those channels can go away.