Door To Door Or Pick Up?

Discussion in Shipping Services started by Jasmin Cottontail • Oct 6, 2016.

1. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Every time I shop online, I always want to have my product pick up at the courier's office because it's quite faster and it's cheaper. I would also like them to deliver it straight to my house but there are times that it gets delayed and I wouldn't want that so I just prefer to pick it up at the courier's office instead.

Whenever you shop online or buy stuffs online, would you rather have it pick up or deliver it straight to your home?

2. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I also find picking up in the courier office is cheaper and faster. Thankfully, the courier service that I use most of the time is just about 200 meters from my home. Getting the product delivered in home delays the delivery and it also cost more money.

3. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer cash on delivery than picking up the product at a courier office, it's much convenient if you do a lot of stuff at home. I'm lazy when it comes to purchasing products online.

4. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Yes it is indeed cheaper than having it delivered straight to your house although courier office is quite far from our place that's why I seldom shop items online. I only buy stuffs online in most cases that the product that I'm looking for isn't available at a local store.

Having it delivered right to your door is absolutely convenient for most of us. I also prefer door to door delivery but it's a bit costly that's why I tend to stick at picking it up at the courier's office. However, there are some cases that I do door to door if the item that I've purchased comes on COD or cash on delivery, or perhaps if the item is quite huge that it would be hard for me to pick it up at the courier's office.

#4Oct 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2016
  5. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer door to door, however, because of cost involved I always choose pick up. Another problem in door to door is late delivery. If you choose a pick up you can receive your products at least one day earlier. Door to door may also lead to unattended package, especially when the delivery boy comes to your home when you are away. .

6. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I have no other option but to pick it up from the courier office. As I live in a rural area there is no courier agency outlets nearby so whenever I order a product online I have to visit the courier office. But I find it really convenient as the courier office is near to my office. I can also give my office address to get it delivered but it is a headache as there is a lot of security procedures to go through.

If there is an effective tracking mechanism I think picking up our own delivery is not an issue at all. Usually I reach the courier office before they call me. I keep a close watch of my product movement once it is ordered.

7. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The pickup scheme is preferred for me when we have no housemaid because the time of the delivery cannot be determined and when no one is in the house upon the delivery, we will be forced to pick the parcel from the courier’s office. But like now that we have housemaids who can wait for the delivery 24/7, it is always a door-to-door delivery that I request when I purchase from online stores. And a COD as well because they wouldn’t require my authorization letter anymore.

/p>

8. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    When ever I get the choice to do in store pick up I take it. It's usually free and can pick up the same day I order from some stores. Even though it takes more time of my day I won't have to wait too long to get it delivered to my door step. I usually skip grocery stores that do delivery because those usually take two weeks.