Dog Food

Discussion in Pets started by Sarah C. • Apr 27, 2012.

1. Sarah C.

Sarah C.New Member

Threads:
    I have shopped and compared dog food prices from online, to pet stores to grocery stores. I have to say that Walmart has the best prices by far. They also carry quality lines like Iams. So, if you are in need of knowing where the best prces on dog food are, Walmart came on top with my research. Also, if you watch out for the manufacturers coupons and buy in bulk you will save even more.

Also remember that Walmart will match any advertised price right at their registers. Just make sure you have the ad with you and ready to show the cashier! I got stuck behind a lady that was rummaging through her purce for half an hour to bring out ads and have them matched!

2. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    The only problem with stuff like Iams is that my dog is allergic to food with corn in it, and most of the less expensive dog foods have corn as a filler. I used to pay $55 a bag for some expensive brand, but now Wal-Mart has started carrying a brand without corn for about $25! I love it! And they always have coupons too.

3. kinser

kinserActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't been able to find quality dog food at any grocery or department stores in my area. I follow the "meat listed first" rule when buying pet-food, and they only seem to stock brands with a lot of fillers and low-quality protein:(. It certainly would be more convenient if grocery stores started carrying better quality pet-food - it would save me a trip to the pet-food store! But for now I get my dogs' food at Complete Petmart. After doing a little research and taking advice from a dog breeder, I started buying Chicken Soup for the Dog-Lover's Soul (I get the large-breed variety) - it's a good, quality holistic brand priced a little better than some of the others. I buy a 35 lb. bag for about $42.

4. vidasandi

vidasandiNew Member

Threads:
    My dog is lucky you can say.. We own a small restaurant, and he gets food from there. So I guess hes got bored with all the non-veg food, now hes turned a veggie, and fruit lover. Today we were having muskmelon, and this guy was standing and looking at us as if we were having his share (he is so so so very cute) .

5. Animachine

AnimachineNew Member

Threads:
    These are my thoughts exactly. I used to work at PetSmart, and for a vet before that. Any food that uses corn as a filler is the equivalent of feeding your dog corn flakes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Where do they get their nutrition!?

The Real Way to Save on Pet Food
    Go to a Pet supply store and buy a quality brand. The more expensive food is packed with nutrients, and you can feed your animal less, while still providing more nutrients. This also leads to less pooping naturally, which is always nice :p

In the long run, you will buy less food, and save lots of money on vet bills. Keep in mind, poor diet is the leading cause of all domestic pet illness.