Dog entertainment

Discussion in Pets started by Peninha • Jan 17, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Your dog seems a lucky one, many dog owners just have them around the house and that's it. If you take him for a walk, for a car ride and give him treats of course he feels well. Try to take him to a dog park to see his reaction. :)

2. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    I already posted about this, about loving dog parks and going to them. But I will add that it is not really so much about entertainment. Beings on two legs are not the only beings with friends. I loved taking my girl to the dog park and she had lots of friends she played with. It was awesome. I did hate to move back here for several reasons that had to do with me. Of the other reasons I hated to move back was that I took my girl from her friends. I really hated that.

But where I am, we are active still and have two more four legged family, so we are always on the go. But it's not the same at all, with dog interactions. They don't have friends outside of the dog family friends.

3. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Interesting, let me see if I get this straight, you are talking about a dog who had a friendship with other dogs, and now she misses her canine friends? I say she's lucky to have you as a owner because it seems you care a lot for her, most owners could not care less about the friends of their dogs I think.

4. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    You wouldn't have such a thing as a dog park here in London, people would be in uproar about such a thing!

My dog is scared of large spaces. I call my dog "you stupid dog" as a joke and I was right because when do you hear of a dog being scared of going to the park? If I let her off she will run home! If I leave her on the lead she will whine and cry until I take her home.

Due ot this I have to find other ways of entertaining her and I'll take her for a walk around the housing estate I live on regularly and play with her in the back garden a lot.

5. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nah it doesn't sound all that rare to me. I think sometimes dogs are unsure of new areas. In a large space like that, they often don't know what to do because they are not used to roaming so freely. They often want your approval so maybe you need to show her somehow that she'll be okay.

6. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    Thanks. Why heck, all animals have friends. Even cows out in the pasture are friends with each other. As my my four legged girl, she is more of a partner than I am an 'owner'. We are family. We were by ourselves in a apt, and we bonded. We were very active together. I really wish more people saw the 'kindred souls' type animal relationships. At least saw them as family Thanks again.

7. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I guess in a way it would be nice if more people cared about animals. It's quite sad to see how much people devalue them when there are so many that get put in a shelter. However aside from the animals that are too unlucky to get nice homes, I always say more to love for us.

8. davbopol13

davbopol13Active Member

Threads:
    It is important as a pet owner to take the time to play with your pet, dog or cat! I take this very seriously due to the fact that I own a pet sitting business. The pets I care for wil recieve one on one care plus play time. Walks for dogs, try chasing some squirels with him. String toys for cats, or a pin light, they love those!

9. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    LOL, don't know about this though, cows are friend with each other? :D What about dogs, how do you know that your dog is friend with that dog or the other? Just because he his playing with them? Also, he could be playing with them, but this doesn't mean he will miss those dogs later... He just might though. :)