Does your cat say "Hello"?

Discussion in Pets started by sandooch • Aug 29, 2012.

1. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    No, I have not been drinking. Two of my three cats actually make a sound each night that sounds as if they are saying hello...over and over and over. It's actually quite funny. The female does this louder and more clearly than the male.

Does anyone else have a talking cat? LOL

2. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Funny you should bring this up. My 'dad' who told me I was adopted once has 5 or maybe 6 felines. They all talk, some eat a lot and the others just lick themselves. Hilarious to observe actually. I have come to the conclusion that I hate cats as a result.

3. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    If my cat coming up to me while I'm doing yoga in the living room and chomping down on one of my toes counts as a greeting, then sure!

But in all seriousness! His meow isn't hello like at all.

4. footballtim

footballtimActive Member

Threads:
    No talking from my cats, but my young Bengal Phoebe sings for food. When she is really hungry, as we are putting down a fresh bowl of food for her, she lets out a long singing-like meow. I later read that this is common in Bengals.

5. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I don't have pets, but my friend has two Miniature Schnauzer dogs. The little one is very vocal. She has a special bark for saying 'hello,' which she follows up with a 'high 5,' so there's no mistaking she's saying hello. There's another bark for when she's ready to eat, and that's accompanied by a ritual of running around in circles in the kitchen. Yet another bark signals when she's ready for 'walkies,' and she heads for the door. Her brother is much more laid back, but she really tells you what she wants.

6. SpYkz

SpYkzMember

Threads:
    Don't know about cats but our family pet, an African ringneck makes quite a bit of noise whenever we get back from somewhere and leave him at home. Whether he is greeting us or just making a noise for treats I wouldn't be able to say. Maybe is just happy to see us :p

7. Ich bin Gia

Ich bin GiaMember

Threads:
    My sister's cat talks. It is so funny. My sister will do a baby talk voice to the cat, and the cat meows back as if she is talking. I once scolded my sister's cat and when I yelled at her, she meowed back at me like she was mad. My cat does not talk, but when I tell her to give kisses, she will give me little headbutts. It is so adorable. :D

8. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    My little fat boy is very vocal and he always sounds like he is giving us a hello when we com home. It is the cutest thing ever. The older, female cat will rub her face on my legs to say hello but she isn't very vocal unless she is hungry.

9. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Mine doesn't say hello. She does say other things, though, like "I love you." It actually upsets the dog quite a bit when she starts talking like that, but it doesn't make her stop. Nothing does unless you go into the room or call from another room to let her know where you are.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's cute, it would be nice if you capture it on video so that we can see. :D Anyway, my cat doesn't do that or any sound whatsoever. He's quite boring in that department. :) His quirk, I noticed, is that he lunges at me and bites me when I get too noisy or if I'm shouting. I heard that cat's ears are quite sensitive to sounds.

11. WitchyPop

WitchyPopMember

Threads:
    Yes one of my cats definitely sounds like she's saying hello over and over which is very cute except she likes to do it in the middle of the night outside our bedroom window!! My husband only remarked recently that it sounds like she is talking to me when I feed her in the mornings and sometimes it sounds like she's giving me a telling off for something!
    She doesn't like it if I spend too much time here on the PC either and will sit between me and the keyboard so I can't see the screen! One day I played a video of a dog barking....that totally freaked her out!

12. wolfpacklovin

wolfpacklovinNew Member

Threads:
    One of my cats is very vocal, she has different meows for different sayings! HA! My other cat does say hello with her meow, but it's always more of a scratchy meow. It's cute and she'll paw at me. She's not as bossy as the other one. Boo-Boo(my bossy cat) will come in the bedroom and ME-OW when she wants food or attention, cracks me up. It's also pretty funny because she's my old, senior cat; she knows what she wants!

13. WitchyPop

WitchyPopMember

Threads:
    I wish my cat had "told" me this morning that she intended to do a poo on the carpet so I could've let her outside! She's a senior too and seems to be suffering from a bit of dementia I think. Really put me off my breakfast!

14. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    Have not heard that cats can talk. Sounds interesting.

15. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    When I used to own a cat, I know they have their ways of saying hello to me. But I have never heard them say the word "hello" or I'd probably freak out haha. But this is definitely an odd scene!

16. sharjeel

sharjeelBanned

Threads:
    funny but awesome,that is amazing to hear when a cat says hello

17. BargainPhoenix

BargainPhoenixMember

Threads:
    I've seen a video of a cat meowing in the sound of hello before. My cat just meows which I do call talking, it just doesn't sound like human talk. When she wants to leave my bedroom she'll jump on my bed and walk all the way up to my face, tap me a few times with her paw and meow. When I walk in sometimes she'll meow at me and I'll say "What?" and she'll meow again. The one time her meowing did sound like human talk was when I wanted to stop her from playing in my blinds. She was just about to jump when I shouted "No!" at her. She meowed really whiny like that sounded like "Why?" to me. She was about to do it again and I told her "No!" again. She gave me that same whiny meow then walked away.

18. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have one that says "wow" a lot lol. At night when she wants to play, it's all we hear.. "Wow?...... WOW???" lol. The other just mews, even in her adulthood. I had one that "spoke" to me whenever I talked to her or even looked at her, but it didn't sound like anything lol.

19. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    My aunt used to have a cat that when someone entered the house, he would say a prolonged meow, it was really cute. Aside from that, i don't think i ever heard a cat saying normal words.

20. sharjeel

sharjeelBanned

Threads:
    i never hear cats saying without that Meao meao meao,:p