Does your area still have cheap Tuesdays for films?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by andrew320 • Jun 28, 2012.

1. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    Next Tuesday, me and my gal plan to see "Prometheus" and spend $5 a piece. A few weeks later, we plan to see "The Dark Knight Rises" and, again, spend the $5 a ticket. The theatre we go to, which is a standard theatre and not those colossal picture houses, used to be $2 on Tuesdays and then increase to $4 and now it's $5.

There are many theatres in Toronto over here that ended the Tuesday cheapies practice. Does your area still have it and if so how much?

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A few theaters have a special deal on Tuesdays, but it's $7.00. $7.00 Tuesdays, is a great deal. Otherwise, it can cost anywhere from $10.50 to $13.00 to see a movie.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We do have one of the large theaters that has $6 Tuesday, I do take advantage of. I have not seen The Avengers yet, will be seeing it at the $6 movies soon.

4. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    Sadly, none of my local theaters have special discounted Tuesday airings. Luckily I found another theater that has $9 tickets anytime before 6 which is still better than the other theater I used to go to for 12.

5. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOnActive Member

Threads:
    We still have cheap Tuesdays plus I joined their rewards program and get a further discount on tickets and food at the stand. It might be a bit busier but at least its not full price.

6. Dr23

Dr23Member

Threads:
    I don't believe any theaters here do discounted Tuesdays but all offer matinee pricing which is considerably cheaper. Unfortunately, most people have to work and don't have a chance to experience the savings. There is one local theater that shows movies roughly a month after they come out for less than half the price of a normal admission. Got to love having a theater like that in the region!

7. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    Not here in Miami. Its been years since I've seen that. We just had a special for matinee - one solid price for any movie as long as you come between 2-6 p.m. on a weekday. Thats about as "special" in pricing as the theaters get down here. Even so you are still paying atleast $6.50 per person

8. Alaska7

Alaska7Member

Threads:
    We have an old movie theater that plays movies that have been out for over a month for a heavy discount ($4 instead of the usual $11.50). The theater itself is still great, the seats recline a little and the screens and sounds are still top notch, they just have delayed releases of the movies. On Tuesdays, the ticket price goes down to $2! For some reason, the theater is still usually pretty empty on those days and it astounds me.

9. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    Yea we have that in our city. I think its okay, but still very annoying especially when you consider that the regular matinee price used to be just $3.50.

10. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    Yes. The cinema in my country does have that Tuesday half-price thingie. But it depends on where the cinema is located. Some Tuesdays are still really pricey if the cinema is located in a high brow neighborhood. But it's fairly cheap if located in a local community area.

11. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    Personally, I don't really enjoy going to the cinema so I probably wouldn't know anything about the promo of Cheap Tuesday, it's not my thing. Most times, I see it as a boring exercise to just up and go pay, seat down and watch movies.

Well, I really wouldn't question those that fancy it, as it's already know that one thing that may not be pleasing to you, might be enjoyable to another.

12. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    Here in my country, ticket prices are bit higher during the weekends and prices are lowered during the weekdays. We have cheap wednesday. On wednesday, we can watch a movie for the half of the actual price. Some theatres offer 50 percent discounts in the morning shows and late night shows.

13. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, it still exists (thanks to God, ahha) but it's only on Mondays... The second cheapest day is Wednesday. At the weekends it's horrible because the value of the tickets gets very expensive. :oops:

14. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    This is exactly the same all over most parts of the world and the reason for this is that on weekends, there is increased number of people who wants to see one movie or another thereby initiating high demand and cinema house capitalizes on that and increase ticket price.

But on weekdays, there is low demand and the only way to get people to come and get tickets to watch is solely by cutting the ticket price.

15. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    It's just the law of demand and supply at work. This is applicable in all business related ventures that offer one service or another. And weekends happens to be the most busy of all days in the week, so the reason why everyone businessman/businesswoman have a different mindset on how to make deals and more money on such day.

16. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I know how these things work. Although it makes perfect sense (after all... business is business), I think many companies should be less greedy in some specific niche / locations.

17. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    We don't have that sort of the theater here with similar specs. But we do have the drive way movies outside the city. And it is indeed a good experience if you ask me. There seems to be a lot of interesting stuff on such places. And we get to watch the movies without much issues in that hassles. There seems to be food and the good movies during the weekend.

18. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    @Shine_Spirit@Shine_Spirit every product or service consumer would always want to get the best deals at cheaper rate, and all profit oriented business establishment would always want to capitalize on opportunity to make more sales and gain lots of profits. These leaves both parties in a bind which is why one ensure to take advantage of the cheap periods and get better incentives.

19. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    We have black Friday over here which is the period when online buyers can get to buy products at cheaper prices with amazing discounts attached to it. This type of Fridays are always in the month of November and I'm thinking on how to take charge of this opportunity.

20. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    We don't have movie cinemas around here too, but we have discounts online stores that give amazing discounts during ember months like November and I always try to take advantage of that. Shopping during these periods can be quite exciting for me as well.