Does The Airline Matter?

Discussion in Travel started by Casiox • Aug 31, 2016.

1. Casiox

CasioxActive Member

Threads:
    I've been thinking about traveling somewhere at the end of this year and I do not really know which airline to choose. People have told me that I have to choose wisely because there are some airlines that are not good or reliable at all, the point is that those "bad" airlines are the cheapest ones and therefore, the best ones for me. What do you think about this? Does it even matter?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Airline choice does matter, because some airlines have better flight schedules, and budget ones tend to have the very early morning slots or late evening ones. Also consider the luggage allowance; budget you have to pay for checked in luggage or there is a smaller limit, and some may charge you for a boarding pass if you don't print it out for yourself.

All these smaller charges can add up too. If you do fly long haul think about the food. Some airlines have better food and others charge.

3. sidjohn

sidjohnMember

Threads:
    Yeah, It's matters to avoid tension and any mess up while travelling. Even services are also matters. But if price matters more for you regarding its services then you can go through cheap options to go for.

4. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    Airline also matters a lot to me, especially when it comes to safety and service reputation. There's this airline here in my country which usually has the most promos when it comes to cheap flights. With the cheap prices of the flights they offer also comes the worst services. I never tried availing of their services because I just hate how their airline always receive complaints but nothing has ever been done to change their bad services. I couldn't help but wonder why this airline is still operating until now.

5. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, the airline really matters especially if you live in the Philippines where there are 2 major airlines. We were in the provincial airport last weekend to witness the delay of one airline for 3 hours in the trip from the province to Manila. The poor passengers have to wait that long. Worse, the airline staff said that their plane often encounters technical problems so they are always delayed. We were fortunate to have taken the other airline which left the airport on the dot. What if we got the delayed airline?

6. Casiox

CasioxActive Member

Threads:
    @Corzhens@Corzhens Wow,! If I ever buy a plane ticket and they tell me something like that I definitely would return the ticket right away. They could be screwing a lot of people's lives if something happens in one of those risky flights. Seems like those companies do absolutely anything to get our money.

@Theo@Theo I've heard that the more people the plane has, the better and safer your flight is going to be. I really think it's true because it must feel really weird to fly with few people, what if anything bad happens? I would rather go with big crowds and feel safier, for sure.
    That's my opinion though-

#6Sep 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2016
  7. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm always much more focused on price and hours than airline, to be honest. But that if I'm comparing the known airlines. I would be weary to travel by an unknown airline that no one ever heard about.
    I like travelling by American Airlines usually, but that purely because they usually have the best prices (compared to United and Delta), and also because I have several miles from AAdvantage.

8. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    It is a difficult choice, I mean choosing the right airline. Especially for long distance flights. Choosing budget or comfort both vary. I always prefer to check availability of luggage allowances and about additional charges. Also check online how their reputation is about services and safety.