Do You Wait For Sales?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by blues • Feb 20, 2015.

1. blues

bluesMember

Threads:
    When you guys need to buy things, do you wait until there's a sale going on? (A legit sale, where things are actually cheaper, hehe.) Or do you buy things as you need them? I tend to only wait for sales when I know there's an amount to justify the wait, or if it's an item with no expiration date, I tend to stock up on them. Examples include toilet paper, office supplies, beauty supplies (cotton rounds, swabs, etc.). Usually I get enough to last about a year or more, and there would be another sale before I even run out in most cases. Clothes are iffy: I tend to change my clothing choices somewhat often so I may not like clothes I had liked a few months before. The only things I buy when it's on sale regardless of how much I like it are probably tank tops and undergarments. If I like how they feel, I probably don't care too much on how they look :p

2. galmal

galmalMember

Threads:
    It depends on the item. For small things, like under $4-5, I usually just get things when I need them - if I see them on sale, I might stock up. But for more expensive things, like clothing, shoes, office products - I will look around and try to find a sale. I'll look online first to get a feel for what a good price is, then look at the retail stores. It's hard though for me to buy things online, because I generally like to be able to see it and feel if before buying. Also, we moved 2 years ago, out in the sticks, so some times it's better just to buy it at my local store, rather than drive to the nearest large city in order to comparison shop.

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just shop whenever the need arises or when I'm in the mood for some retail therapy. However, the malls here in my country know how to anticipate the needs of their customers. There's always an excuse to throw a sale every month. On January for instance, there's such a thing as a New Year's if not clearance sale. On February, everyone gets to enjoy a Valentine's sale. March, there's usually a graduation sale. April is the start-of-summer sale and May is Labor Day sale. Rest assured, from June to December, there's going to be a sale.

4. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    If it is something that I need immediately, I buy it whether it is on sale or not. All the other things that are not urgent, I wait for the sale. It's amazing how much money you can save when you wait for the sale to come. Last January, after the celebration of Three Kings, there was a massive sale around here and all the stores and malls were slashing their prices up to 70%. I was very happy because I got more and spent less.

5. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    If it is likely that there is going to be a sale in the store soon, then yes, I will wait for it. If there is ever anything that I need, the first thing that I stop to think about is whether I am able to afford it, and whether I really need it. Unless I actually need something rather than just wanting it, I will not ever bother to buy it, because I see it as a waste of money most of the time. Also make sure that you're not tricked by a sale. If there are things that you see that are on offer, they're only cheap if you need them. If you simply buy them for the sake of things, you will never save any money because there are always sales around.

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Unlike most people who might buy something because it's on sale even thought they might not need at that time, I only buy items when I need them. Obviously, because I can't do without the item, I always find it impossible to wait for sales. Either way I get to save money because I never buy anything that I don't need.

7. happyshopper

happyshopperActive Member

Threads:
    There are times when I do wait for a sale on something and then purchase it when I see the price is lower than it was before. Sometimes if I really need something right away I'll purchase it even if it's not on sale but of course I enjoy a good sale as well. A sale on some food at the grocery store is nice because then I'm able to stock up on it so that it will last a long time and I don't have to buy anymore of it. I also check out the sales on clothes and so much more and a person can really save a ton of money from these amazing bargains. I can definitely wait for something to be on sale so there is no rush for me to get it.

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I do wait for sales because I don't see much reason to pay full price for an item I know will be less expensive after some time. I'd only buy full price if I feel like the wait would be too long or if the discount I'd get would be negligible. I also like buying a lot of things at the same time so it is much better for me to just wait for discount season so that I could get the best prices for multiple items and item types.

9. BargainPhoenix

BargainPhoenixMember

Threads:
    I've never waited for a sale to buy. I look at bargain shopping as a lifestyle but that would be going to the extreme in my opinion. Or I just don't have time for all of that. When I need something I know where to go to get it at a bargain for the value and I do it as needed. I comparison shop when it comes to grocery and household items. If the grocery store has a bargain aisle, it's the first one I walk through to see if something I went there for is there.

10. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I think there is always a sale going on somewhere in stores or online stores-that day when you are in the mood to buy something, but waiting makes sense if what's on sale is something you really want. Also it's good to find some coupons for in-store deals or coupon codes if you shop online,this kind of planning ahead can really help you out also. Sometimes though if I see something I like, I will tend to buy it,even if the price is not quite a sale.

11. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, on Oahu, we have our weekly supermarket sale ads that comes in our Midweek Newspaper, a local newspaper. Safeway, Foodland, Times supermarket changes every Wed. with ads that's all different so we get a variety of foods and other necessities on sale all the time. Then we have our Sun. ads from Don Quiote, CVS-Longs, Walgreens, Walmart and Target. As you can see the Oahu stores have a good sale going on every week. We have farmer's market every Tues. and Fri. at the middle of town at Ft. St. Mall for fresh veggies. We have Chinatown too with very good prices for many things especially for our special times with special needs like for New Year's Japanese need to drape our doorway with kadomatsu, for the coming year that you can find for half the price at Chinatown. I definitely wait for sales.

12. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I usually wait for things to be on sale but if I need it at the time I buy it either way in the moment I need it. What I ususally wait for to be on sale is clothing as I love shopping thrifty with clothing items that way I can buy more items especially when it comes to buying clothes to my daughter.

13. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    for clothes, pants and shoes, I always wait for a sale. But I won't buy anything unless it's around 50 to 70 percent off. I don't care if the items are released 2 years ago, if they are on sale 70 percent off I would buy lots of them.

14. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I tend to wait on sales if an item or items be a bit too pricey for you. I mainly wait on sales for items like pizza, games and possibly books. I use the web to find good sales on such items, the other best thing you could do is do a bit of coupon searching for a specific item you want.

15. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    My shopping habits don't usually change much during the sale season. If I see something I like that is reduced then I might buy it but I don't go out of my way to buy things I don't need just because they are cheap. It's probably a good idea to buy gifts for next year so that you have a head start but when it comes to my granddaughter she changes her mind every 10 minutes about what she wants so what she wants now would not be what she wants in 12 months.

16. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only sale or discount promos that I am waiting for are for plane tickets that usually hold their promo sales via online. But their regular sale called travel expo is held every February, that’s what we are waiting for. Last year we have been to 7 countries courtesy of that travel expo where plane tickets are as low as 50% discount.