Do You Use Your Mobile Phone to Order Stuff Online?

Discussion in Landline & Mobile Phone Networks started by Adeal4u • Jun 2, 2012.

1. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    When I'm on the go and I don't have my laptop with me, I like to use my phone. I order many items on it and it works just as good as my computer. Sometimes it has problems at the checkout screen. Do you order online with your phone why or why not?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have used it a couple of times already, but I only use my phone to pay for something online when my payment is being rejected by Paypal. It happens quite a lot to me when I use Ebay nowadays. But fortunately, when I use my phone to pay for an item at Ebay, the payment gets through.

3. copper

copperMember

Threads:
    Well, I do not. Still I use laptop for my online purchase as I like to compare between all available offers and for that computers has to competitors to me.

4. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    I use my mobile phone for online purchases if it's for an app. But I still prefer to use my laptop in buying things online. It's just easier. And I won't have problems of pressing the wrong keys just in case.

5. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    Call me old fashioned, but I use my mobile phone for phone calls and texts, and on the odd occasion when I've forgotten my camera, I'll take a photo. I prefer the laptop for anything online. The screen's bigger, so it's easier to view, and the keys are bigger, so there's less chance of a mistake. I'm looking at buying a tablet, though, so I can be more productive in my freelance business when I'm on the move. I'll probably use that for online purchases.

6. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't because i never knew that you could order things online from your phone but now that i know i will def try it.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes you can if you use your phone's browser. It actually works just the same as if you're using a computer. But if you're using a low end phone, then some webpages may not be able to load at all, so it would be advisable to use a midrange or high end phone if you plan to purchase things online using your cellphone.

8. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    I have never ordered anything on my Smartphone. I can't say that I never would because I would be lying to myself. I like the fact that if my PC broke and I needed something I would definitely order from my phone. It seems like it would be harder to order something on your phone because it is harder to see and you have to zoom in and zoom out, so it may be a little time consuming, so that is why I usually just use my PC.

9. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have not used my phone to purchase or order anything. I find the keys too small to trust entering the correct information. I use my pc or my tablet if I need to purchase something. I am in the process of updating my tablet so that I can use it for my business. My current tablet does not have a full size usb port which I need to attache a scanner to the tablet.

10. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have trouble seeing things on my iPhone, so I usually use it just for phone calls, occasional texting, and I love it for taking pictures. It automatically uploads my pictures, and I don't have to have the usb cord, and all that stuff that I need to upload with my camera. In fact, I think I will maybe sell the camera on Craigslist, I just never use it anymore.
    I DO use my iPad for all sorts of online buying though. I can see it a lot easier than the phone, and it does basically the same thing, and is a lot easier than using my old desktop computer. there are apps for so many things, and that really makes the iPad easy to use for online shopping.
    It is kind of like having the best of both worlds.

11. EdenSB

EdenSBActive Member

Threads:
    I don't at all. I don't have 3G on my phone, so if I want to use it for online features, I need to find a wifi point. I don't use wifi points (apart from my home one) with anything sensitive like my card details, as it's not secure.

12. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I usually order from places like Walmart because ordering through the Walmart app is even easier than browsing online(at least for me).
    I just feel like if its household items then there shouldn't be any problem with ordering it through an app.
    It even saves me a lot of time on a daily basis when I am heading home on the train or just before I go to sleep.

13. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, my mobile phone is ancient and I haven't even turned it on for years. I haven't bothered buying a modern smartphone with internet access because I don't think I need one. I communicate via my landline and through email etc on my laptop. I suppose it would be handy if you are out and you want to bid for an item on eBay, for example.

14. stevensmith

stevensmithBanned

Threads:
    I prefer buying thinks online using my laptop.....Yeah, mobile too is okay if there is any emergency and you don't have your laptop with you, only then i use mobile phone.

15. LucyDavid

LucyDavidNew Member

Threads:
    I will always order the things with my mobile phone, but I will pay with the computer.

16. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I have a pretty basic phone that doesn't have access to internet connection so no ordering for me right now lol. But when I eventually enter the 21st century and get a smart phone then I think from time to time I may order things on it. These high-tech phones seem to function just as well as the computers so why not?

17. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I do. I often use my mobile phone to order stuff online. Amazon is the only website I trust the best when shopping things by using my mobile phone. It's the best website I often use and count on.

18. tweety23

tweety23Member

Threads:
    It depends. But definitely when I'm on the go and don't have any access to my computer and I need to order something I will do it from my phone. However, I usually order things on my laptop.

19. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    I don't have any sort of web browser on my phone. My phone is not a smartphone or anything like that so no I don't really use it to order anything online since I really don't have the ability to.

20. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not 100% comfortable ordering everything from my phone quite yet. I do think that the level of convenience it brings is worth noting, but it's very much so easy for hackers to hack personal info from a phone vs a computer so I am quite wary of making big purchases on my phone