Do You Use Prepaid Cards As A Payment Method?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by mildredtabitha • Sep 7, 2017.

1. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I learned so much about prepaid cards online and got even more confused. I know they act both as a debit and a credit card. From every online blog about prepaid cards, payoneer prepaid card is the one that is mostly praised. I had to apply mine online and I received it after three weeks but haven't started using yet.

I learned some of the advantages of using the card. If you apply using a referral link, you both get $25 when you save upto $100 in your payoneer account. Too bad I never used a referral. The first time you load the card, there will be a one time fee of $30 and no more charges. This means you can use the card for a life time with no monthly or yearly charges. How great!

Have you ever used prepaid cards?

2. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I use them for online sales. Like say one off buy item. And where I won't be asking for refund. You know that type of expenses. Like say Netflix subscription fee for one year. Using the prepaid card is good enough in that case. As you won't be calling for the refund. And that keeps you using such cards for the use. I found this type of card use good enough.

3. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't really used prepaid card or I think it's confusing me with debit card, as in banks Automatic Teller Machine debit card. If they are the same thing, then yes I have used them but if not, it means that I am still a novice to it.

I think I would probably look it up online and properly see and understand the difference between the two if there is any. This your post is really educational and of great importance to me. Good job.

4. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    Thank you for sharing this information. Though I have read about these prepaid cards, I have not find out more information about them and have not apply for one too. I always use my credit card or PayPal to purchase things online and not getting any refback or cashback benefits.

Hope you will get more referrals soon, so you will earn more $25.

5. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have used them a few times. I mean there is no difference between them and other types of credit cards. They are prepaid that is all. I think that many people use these cards if they have them available there is no problem in using them. I find them helpful, and useful to buy things.

6. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    If I have one available, I would use it. It is one way to save money. Plus it is easy to use prepaid cards. It is like using your credit card without the fuzz of being declined or worrying that you would reach your credit limit. I rarely get prepaid cards because I don't do most of the shopping, I just give the money to my wife and that's it. So I really can't answer the question in detail or share any thoughts on how it works. I just see my wife do it at it never looked complicated.

7. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I have a Visa prepaid card which I use for doing online transaction. Whatever the transaction may be, you are required to have the money in the account in order to be able to complete it. You are able to do transactions as if you were using a credit card the difference is that you will have the money before you are able to transact.

8. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    $30 is quite hefty for me as a one time fee, so I don't think I would go for Payoneer. I already have a debit card though, but the fees you have to pay for every withdrawal is around $7 now, so I limit my withdrawals now.

9. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    Not as frequently, but i have been using them rather more lately since they are pretty convenient and come in handy sometimes....

10. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    $30 is the fee for new payoneer prepaid cards. Actually, they also try to reduce this fee by encouraging new applicants to apply for the prepaid card using a referral link. This means that when you receive up to $100 payment, you get $25 bonus. So you will pay a one time fee of $5 from your pocket instead of $30.

11. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    You can't just decide to use a prepaid card to pay bills or shop, you have to fund it ahead unlike credit cards. Some online workers I know were merely forced to apply for prepaid cards to either verify their Paypal account or to facilitate the payment process for some earning sites that no longer have tie ups with Paypal (like PTC sites). In some places, they call it virtual credit/visa cards. Many of these cards are designed not for cash withdrawal but for use as a payment method usually for online shopping.

Thankfully, I never had to be pressured into getting one for myself as I am using a Unionbank eon account which is a dual account: prepaid visa and savings account. My online earnings through Paypal are withdrawn to the savings account which means that the Paypal charges will be very minimal as compared to withdrawals made to credit cards - virtual, prepaid, or standard credit cards. Once withdrawn to my savings account, it is either available for cash withdrawal in my country's currency or as a balance for the visa card that I can use to pay for purchases online or offline. I've always opted to withdraw cash instead of using the card to shop or pay for bills.

I mostly avoid earnings sites that don't accept Paypal. For a few dollars, they make life complicated.

#11Oct 6, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  12. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    No. I've never used it and despite the tips I've already received from many friends, I don't feel the need to use them. Then, so far, they aren't a payment option for me.

13. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Prepaid cards...I got them for Christmas presents. It's fun to get these for presents, but I don't have a prepaid card for use like money, for I prefer debit master cards, much more convenient for me to us. I got a Payoneer debit master card for I get paid to that card from a survey taking site. I like cash payments and the site uses payoneer to pay out, so I got myself a debitmaster card. I have a paypla debitmaster card too. Payoneer charges for things, paypal is free. But you got to use what you like at sales to save money, lol!

14. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I have used payoneer master card. It is a physical master card associated with your payoneer account. I don't suggest anyone to use payoneer card because you have to pay $1 every month as account maintainence charge. Instead of prepaid card, I use online payment gate way such as paypal or even bitcoin to send pyments.