Do You Think That It Would Be Possible To Totally Replace Energy That Is Derived From Fossil Fuel?

Discussion in Gas & Electricity started by explorerx7 • Aug 3, 2017.

1. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    We have been hearing about the possible adverse effects that the continued reliance on Fossil fuel as energy an energy source may have on the environment. However, in spite of this, there seems to be no real rush to exploit alternative energy sources. I am wondering what's the problem that could be restricting a greater amount of activity in the pursuance of alternative energy. Is it not as possible to totally phase out the reliance on fossil fuel as many would want us to believe?

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am wishing for clean energy. So many years ago, I did a research on solar energy. At the latest, solar energy is not that efficient yet. And if other clean energy can be that efficient then fossil fuel can be forgotten. But as things are going now, fossil fuel is still the major source of energy worldwide. The technology of clean energy needs to be drastically improved first.

3. NicholasMukuha

NicholasMukuhaActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, there's a lot of conflict in the world. Paper books vs e-books, digital payments vs cash payments, and now next in the ring is fossil fuels vs the so called "clean energy sources". Well, I would not completely rule out the fact that it is impossible to replace fossil fuels. Yes they would go down, but not without a fight.

These are my reasons. Some of the machines we have, depend entirely on Newton's third law of motion for their propulsion. These include aircrafts and rockets. The most common way of achieving this is by burning air and fuel mixture and releasing it at high velocities. The improvements am seeing in this industries is striving to build engines that burn cleaner, but fuel remains and intergral requirement for operation.

Think of how many people have cars that require these types of fuels. How would anyone convince any of them, to do away with them and embrace the new ones? Needless to say, as much as we have automatic cars, still some people prefer the manual ones. I believe the same would apply here.

Lastly, before a particular government enforces the compulsory use of alternative energy sources, I believe they would consider, how much unemployment would result for the fossil energy industry workers. Therefore, fossil fuels can be replaced, but not any time soon. Thank you.

4. NicholasMukuha

NicholasMukuhaActive Member

Threads:
    It's true that the world is yearning for clean energy. But I think, it would be easier for us to travel faster than light, than it would be for us completely replace fossil fuel. I think that if it used within limits, we can do much better. This can be done by reducing our consumption or developing more efficient machines.

5. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    True...there seems to be no real rush to find the alternatives. Although there are more and more people and organisations now working hard to develop alternate and clean energy sources. Sooner or later, we have to accept these sources because once the natural, fossil fuel is all used up, we won't have any other alternative. But sadly, not enough is being done. Solar energy is still a distant dream for the majority of people as the equipment required for this energy is quite expensive and it is also too bulky that not everyone can have them in their homes.

There is an NGO working for the environment in my city. The guys encourage people to save all kinds of plastic, from bottles to plastic grocery bags, and collect this plastic from their homes once in while. They then do some kind of processing on this plastic and produce some kind of liquid fuel from it. This fuel is then distributed to a few farmers, free of cost, to be used in their farming equipment. Even collecting the plastic is done by this NGO totally free. But only a few people are involved in it and since they do not have much backing, they can do this only on a small scale.