Do You Think Others Can Keep Up With Amazon's Shipping?

Discussion in Shipping Services started by thisnthat • Apr 7, 2017.

1. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    It appears that Walmart is trying to compete a bit with Amazon. They have recently offered free 2 day shipping on certain orders. Well, we gave it a try, but we probably should have just stuck with Amazon, since it is of course, tried and true.

We ordered an eligible item. We were assured it would be here on the proper date (two days later). Now, that it's already on its way, we learned it won't arrive until after the weekend (we wanted it for the weekend).

Things happen, but I have to say, that's not a great way to make a first impression. Oh well, lesson learned.

2. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    It's unfortunate that your order did not arrive at the agreed time. However, there may be snags at certain intervals, even though this may not be of comfort to you because you may be frustratingly inconvenienced, but you should not rule out that there could not be similar instances involving Amazon because sometimes there are happenings that are outside of their control.

3. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    Indeed, things go wrong sometimes. I just happen to have very good luck with Amazon, so it's never been an issue. I know people who have had issues, but Amazon went out of their way to make it up to them.

We didn't even get a warning in this case that it was going to be late. My husband just happened to check the tracking number Friday night and found that instead of still saying Saturday for delivery that it had been changed to Monday.

I talked to the delivery guy. He said it happens with them quite a bit. If the standard shippers are too busy, they pass it on to independent contractors. Those contractors don't work weekends. He was a contractor, which is why we got our order on Monday.

It's not the end of the world or anything, but it was disappointing, especially since they didn't even send a notice or anything. All good though. I'll just stick with Amazon, unless it's something I can't get there.

4. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I have heard similar things about Amazon being very good at making it up to consumers who have issues with the shipping. I have really not had any, although I have some that were of my own mistakes, but that is expected now.

5. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If I’m not mistaken, Lazada is the most popular online store in the local market. I have made purchases many times and in my experience, the promised delivery date was always fulfilled. With the delayed delivery of Walmart, I don’t think it can compete with Amazon which you said (@thisnthat@thisnthat) that it is time tested already. However, if the goods and the prices are okay in Walmart then I would give it a second chance. And if that second delivery fails again with the appointed date then it would be a final goodbye since it is not a good buy.

6. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I am sorry to say but my experience on Amazon is not as good as it used to be in previous years. I have to remind them every time and they have compensated me for all last 4 deliveries because they could not keep their promise as far delivery schedule was concerned. I think Flipkart is one of the best and giving Amazon a stiff challenge in every field.

7. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for sharing your experiences. I'm learning of other outlets that I had never even heard of. I don't know a thing about Lazada, but perhaps I should have a look. I have at least heard of Flipkart, but I will have to read up on that one as well.

It's a shame you didn't receive your Amazon items as promised. That can be frustrating. At least they offered compensation. Walmart didn't even bother to let us know anything, much less offer any form of compensation. I'm kind of curious if the real issue is on their end or if it actually lies with the shipping company.

I guess we all just tend to stay with what works for us. After all, the saying goes, "If it isn't broke, don't try to fix it."

8. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @thisnthat@thisnthat My last experience was the strangest of them all. I ordered a watch for someone that I wanted to gift someone in Australia and it was schedule to arrive almost a week before my departure date. I did not get it even after three days from the scheduled date so I talked to a support guy. They promised to take necessary action but nothing happened so I talked to them again. I was returned my money in my account the day I was scheduled to depart. Then suddenly the watch came and to my surprise they gave a gift voucher as compensation in my account. I have everything in record.

#8Apr 22, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017