Do You Take Home Made Food During Travelling?

Discussion in Travel started by naruto100 • Jun 14, 2017.

1. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Jasmin Cottontail@Jasmin Cottontail Yup, that's always entertaining too. And yes we can have food whatever we like. Yes it is kind of fun.
    @kaka135@kaka135 Yes even I try outside food when I am travelling. Trying local area food is also kind of unique experience. But mostly during travelling on road or in train, we don't found good restaurants around always.. So at that time it is good to have home made food with us. After reaching to destination, even I like to taste the local food.

#21Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2017
  2. DavidLee

DavidLeeMember

Threads:
    I don't carry any home-made food as I'm travelling, at all. First, I'm certain of it rotting after a day and also I'd prefer carrying snacks than home-made food. And this is why I often choose to buy the snacks when I'm at my destination! I like trying out new things/ideas.. They have never gone wrong on me when I took them (though new to me/never tried them before). I know others carry since they want to economize/ spare during their trip(s) but trips are made to be enjoyed and indulge in new activities, traditions, ways, and food of the places you visit. So, financial preparation is ideal to avoid this:)

3. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @DavidLee@DavidLee Well, even with home made food we can enjoy. Lol, I know what you are meaning. Yes during travelling enjoying local outside food is more fun. Even I prefer it often. But when I am travelling on road and I have to travel for 300 to 350km then here we don't found good restaurants always on road. So for that time having home made food is good. We may not found quality food out side at every place. So for that road trip only I use to take home made food. After reaching to destination I always prefer to go outside and enjoy local food.

#23Jun 27, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2017
  4. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes I always take my own food while going out. If it's a local sightseeing trip for shorter duration we carry almost everything enough for the day and if it's a long trip then we carry food enough for one time. That saves us money and time that we can eat on the rail station or waiting for check in. By the way, I prefer home made food to what we get in trains and airplanes but we have to eat it during travel anyways.

5. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Ha ha.. Yes sometimes we have to go with whatever we get. But yes even like you I prefer to take one time food with me if I am travelling for long distance. If I am enjoying holiday then I won't mind trying local food from local place. But yes during journey it is hard to find out good food source. So better go with preparation.

6. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeodMember

Threads:
    I do, often. I like our home made stuff, and it tastes very good. It probably doesn't last that long, as the bought food does, but that is healthier. I usually combine the two, since we don't have everything home made, but if we do I use that instead of buying it.

7. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Iwould desire to but I find it inconvenient to carry my own food when travelling. Though it saves money, the time spent no cooking and the varieties of food and snacks one encounters no the way while travelling makes it unnecessary. But I would carry avocadoes which are a good accompaniment to any dish.

8. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @FergusMacLeod@FergusMacLeod Yes that is even more good as like that way can enjoy both home made food and out side food. Yes home made food will not that last long compare to outside food, but yes it is healthier for sure compare to outside food. Even I used to do the same thing. For travelling I take home made food and after reaching to destination I love to enjoy local food.

#28Jun 29, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2017
  9. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    It's good to save money and i also agreed with others that it is also healthy for ourselves. But if i talk about myself so i would say no i am not fond of home made food i love to taste different spices of different places and love to get experiences like this. And then i noted the best place name in my dariy for having a best list with me for further use as well but till yet i haven't repeat same place i always go to some new place to have a new experience but i have a list with me to do so.

10. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @Taraa@Taraa I agree with you that while one goes out for business or leisure trips he looks for different tastes and local foods for a change but all I do is I take enough food that lasts for one time. That way it save me lots of trouble besides I do not have to spend time searching for my favorite food while waiting for my connecting train or flight which I have to catch from a distance of almost 60 km away from my home town. Once I am in the train or plane then of course I fully enjoy the catering services of that particular transport.

11. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 I do exactly same.

Not all time we do found good food or restaurant during road trips and specially travelling by train (you know the conditions here). So at that time only during travelling we can have healthy food at least. After reaching to destination I can find out good place for eat and enjoy the local food for sure.

#31Jul 2, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2017
  12. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I, for one certainly carry some dry snack items while travelling. You just never know when and where you might get stuck and for how long. I keep all things for emergencies.

Carrying food saves money and health but more important satisfies hunger when you need it the most. Like just day before yesterday, I had travelled a long way and was so grateful for the food that I had carried as we couldn't find a single decent restaurant in a long time.

13. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Decentlady@Decentlady Yes that's my point too. We don't found good place to eat always during road travelling, and we can't eat at any unknown place as it might be unhealthy. So taking food with us for at least travelling is good one. And yes during emergency situation as you mentioned it can be really helpful.

#33Jul 3, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2017
  14. Sherrie Larrison

Sherrie LarrisonMember

Threads:
    It depends on how long the journey is and how you are traveling. If it is 4-6 hours and you are going by road, you can take homemade food with you. But if it is longer then obviously, your food won't last for long.

15. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Yup, its all depend on the situation. We can adjust things too if journey is long enough. I mean we can eat food early in starting of journey so that we don't need to keep the food for long. And yes we can have dry food too with us which can stay longer even for days. So we can always adjust things.

16. Sherrie Larrison

Sherrie LarrisonMember

Threads:
    True that !

17. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100 In my case I will certainly carry something home made if the journey is just a few hours because that will mean that I shall have to come back within a stipulated time frame completing my job so I will have lesser time on my hands. Of course if that's an official journey and I am being treated officially, I can go without home made food.

18. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Yes it can save lots of time. Even I would carry for shorter journey that way. Here you know not all places have good restaurants specially during road travelling.

Ha ha... Yes if travelling is related to office then I don't think you need to worry about timing, as they will serve you all those. At my work I never had such official journey. Lol

19. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    As long as time constraints don't prevent me from preparing food for my journey, then I will opt to take my own food with me. This may allow me to spend less on food and to not be disappointed because of what may be on offer out there.

20. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Yes it is depend on the time too, as if we are in hurry then we don't get any time for the preparation and making. So at that time we don't have other option than outside food.

Yes home made food can save money and also we can choose item as we like so that we can enjoy them during journey.