Do You Take Advantage Of World Book Day Sale?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by kaka135 • Apr 20, 2017.

1. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    23 April is World Book Day, and many book shops usually have sales during this period. Do you always take the advantage of World Book Day sale so you can get more books at cheaper rate?

I have not check out any sales yet, as I was just reminded of this day when I visited the local bookshop just now.

2. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    I used to do that back in the day. A ship usually comes to port with a lot of books for sale. I remember going on it every year and buying a good amount of books. Too bad I don't have time to casually read books anymore unless it's related to college.

3. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    @Belovedad@Belovedad I remember visiting a book store on the ship once, but I have no idea when the ship arrived as it traveled around the world.

I can understand how busy you are when you are studying in college. Perhaps later you will be busy reading books about your profession. But, I think it is still good to have some time for ourselves to read something not so technical. I used to read some books about self improvement or motivation when I was working, instead of just technical books. :)

#3Apr 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  4. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    There's a shop in a mall near our place that sells all books at slightly about half dollar. It's a new shop and it only sells books. I bought a paperback copy of 125 Gluten-Free Vegetarian Recipes by Carol Fenster which was released in 2011. I checked it out and found that it's selling for $11.35 at Amazon and $10.80 at Kindle. I wish I had more time to browse or I would probably have bought more books. At their price, it won't hurt to buy them. It's just sad that businesses like this don't last long as not too many people are inclined to read books nowadays.

5. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    This is a pretty new information for me and thanks for this post. I have never brought any books on the World book day yet but this time I would definitely give it a try.

6. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    First time I heard of this. I didn't know there was such a thing as world book sales. But I cannot remember the last time I paid for a book full price. I only buy books second hand or on specials. Before I pay cash for any books, I check to see if there is a copy online that I can buy. If I cannot get a copy online to buy or download and I really need the book, then I pay cash for the book.