Do You Still Shop Online If The Shop Is Just Nearby?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by kaka135 • Mar 14, 2017.

1. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    There is this hypermarket, Tesco which is just within 5 minute driving distance from our home. They started to have this online shopping service in these recent few years. We only purchased from their online shop once.

Though we were happy with the online shopping experience and delivery service, my husband still prefers to shop and purchase at the physical store even though sometimes the delivery is free. He does not mind driving there and do the grocery shopping alone, as he can actually choose the items himself. I actually prefer to just shop online and have someone to deliver the items I like to my home.

What would you prefer?

2. oasisshirts

oasisshirtsNew Member

Threads:
    Hi,
    I too prefer online shopping even if the shop is just near to my house,I mainly used to order clothes online from Oasis shirts,I find it a good clothing store where I can invest my income and I dont feel bad,many of my friends suggested me to buy from the near by shop but stil I use to buy online,my experience to this company is good as I got good service with discounts on clothes so I like to order from home then going to the shop but yaa the grocery shopping I like to do it from my near by shop.

3. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @kaka135@kaka135 Well, I have noticed that sometimes we get really good deals and discount on online shopping in compare of normal product. In this case I won't mind purchasing same item through online if time of getting it isn't big concern. Because online shopping will take time to deliver.

It is also depend on product. Because I never tried out food items from online shopping. I have heard positive reviews from friends for this too, but I have never tried it out yet so I am not sure on it.

#3Mar 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2017
  4. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    Probably no but then it depends on the deals and offers. If I am getting the same thing cheaper from one store whether online or offline then I will definitely buy from them.

Why waste unnecessary cash and miss on a good deal?

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm with

. They give you money for shopping, so I use them and get money back so I like to shop through them a lot. Trouble is they don't have every store to get money back with. Recently

has added in-store money back deals too, but you have to have a mobile phone for it. So I like to get my money from

so I try to get things online a lot and if it's convenient for me too. Saves me money using

for they have discounts too on site.

6. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    If there is a good offline shop nearby and the price is also very competitive I would definitely prefer to go offline shopping. I like to see the products physically before owning. But I do a lot of online shopping too. I prefer online shopping when there is no shops nearby or if the price quoted is not reasonable.

When it comes to certain items like electronic goods and clothes I won't go for online shopping. If there is an issue in the electronic item I can easily approach the nearby shop. They take it on top priority if I am a regular customer there. Also I would like to try clothes before buying them. I don't want to waste my time returning the product to online shops and again wait for a replacement or cashback.

7. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If the store is nearby then it is more practical to go there and see the goods personally. But if I have no time to spare then I guess online shopping will do. When there is a problem in delivery, it can be easily corrected because the store is just nearby. My hesitation in online shopping is the defective product which takes time to be replaced.

8. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    In my view there wouldn't be any need to go online and shop where the store or shop is just nearby. I will gain more if I go down to the place to have a critical look at the items I am buying and see one on one how good they are before making payment. Also, the time taken to get the items shipped to me if I go online will be eradicated. I won't be showing my card or bank details online if I shop physically on the shop

9. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Yes these are the advantages for going directly to the store. The only advantage I see in online shopping is we may get good deal for the same product. Sometimes for electronic items we can save really good amount in compare to store. And as we are getting the warrante too (if we are going for branded thing) then I don't think we need to worry about quality.

10. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I'd prefer to shop on a nearby store or supermarket because I honestly haven't found a supermarket where I can purchase all of my household needs. I'd usually allocate my purchases among various stores in the same area. This lets me save substantially on my grocery shopping. While it is more convenient to shop online, I honestly can find better deals on some offline specialty stores in our area. I only shop online for stuff that I can't find elsewhere at reasonable prices.

11. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I would rather go to the store and chose my stuff personally as I enjoy it anyway. I order online because I can't cash out my money to the bank from my paypal so I have no other choice but to use it online. I mean I do enjoy online shopping but I do prefer going out shopping as it's like an escape for me.

12. kingcool52

kingcool52Active Member

Threads:
    If the shop is nearby it's always just better to actually go there physically and buy the item as you then don't have to wait for delivery. Plus you can touch and feel the product to make sure that you like it which is always a good thing especially since the product doesn't always look the same as it does on the website. But sometimes it may be better to shop online even if the store is nearby as it may have special discounts and may even have a product in stock that the physical store may not have

13. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    To be honest i kind of enjoy browsing the shop and the whole physical experience, but if i were tired or in a hurry then of course.

14. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    If the shop is in a good walking distance then yes, I will usually walk there to get it. However, depending on how many items I want and if it is a good and available option, I will usually order from online.

15. Ani_m

Ani_mMember

Threads:
    It depends, sometimes a certain store will have a better offer online. Even if it is a few minutes away. This has happened before where we save much more buying online than on the physical store. Then again, if it’s simple things we can just go and get we got to the store. It’s always good to check online first when looking for something specific, just in case.

16. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    If the delivery is free then I don't mind buying online, especially if the item is sealed since it will ensure that I won't get a defective one, like a memory card. But for items that needed fitting or those that are made of fabric, I would rather buy the item personally so that I can feel the item's texture and materials that it's made from.

17. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I go grocery shopping, I like to go to the store and pick out the food that I want. this way, I can check for markdowns, and when I am getting fresh fruit and vegetables, I can pick out the ones I want.
    Sometimes, shopping online is a better choice, especially when they offer free shipping. When we got our backyard swimming pool, it would have been very hard to load it in our car, take it home and unload it. However, Walmart had an online sale for the pool that was cheaper than it sold for at the store, plus delivery was free; so that is what we did . The pool was delivered to our house and unloaded at the gate to our back yard, which was where we were going to set it up at. We were able to open the box and transport the pool in sections through the gate, and it made getting it a whole lot easier than if we had just bought it at the store and tried to haul it home. Plus....... we got it even cheaper online than we would have gotten it at the store.

18. chel

chelNew Member

Threads:
    If you don`t want to go to the crowds just to get the things you want or need, but you have trusted online shop, so why go out? Online shopping has become a massive industry. We can search various of product online, as long as we know where to find it.

19. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    It is all about preferences. Like you pointed you that your husband prefers to do physical shopping there in as much as he can just place an order online and get it delivered to the house. The benefits of shopping online no matter the distance of the supermarket is that you won't spend energy driving or trekking to the place to get your desired products. on the other hand, to buy by physically going there will give you the chance to see, select your preferred brands, and even check out new brands of the other products you have in mind.

So, both come with its different benefits as well as shortcomings.

20. jakub

jakubMember

Threads:
    Yes, shopping online saves me the hassle of standing in line, dealing with rude of people and overall having a better shopping experience and more options.