Do You Still Buy Cd Music In Record Stores?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Alexandoy • Oct 19, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not really a music lover but in my younger days, I would buy a record album once every blue moon. But when the internet emerged, I now realize that I had never bought any CD anymore. I admit that I am downloading songs now but my type are the old songs in the 1970s and 1980s. Maybe that’s the reason why singers have no new CD albums anymore. And for the consumers like us, it is a big savings particularly for the music lovers who regularly buy CD album.

2. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I just listen to stuff on YouTube and it seems like other people are more into digital downloading. Also, there is a lot of music on your cable or satellite TV. However, though, I think CD stores are still big business, but I have a feeling they are on the decline. In fact, they might be. When will they be like the video store biz, a relic like the dinosaurs? :rolleyes:

3. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    Along time ago, I used to buy cassettes. later the cassettes tapes were replaced by music CDs. However, the CDs were replaced by digital music a couple of years ago. When CDs were popular, I used to buy CDs. However, I have stopped buying CDs since few years. These days, I don't even pay for music. I watch videos on Youtube or stream music.

4. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    Back during my younger days, I did buy a handful of CD's and cassette tapes too (I wonder where did all those collections went though). I still don't have a computer back then and so yes, I haven't had a back-up whatsoever. I still collects CD's whenever I find a good catch and then I do a back-up of my fave one. I'd say the songs created few years back is a lot better than the ones today, so I never really bother to check on some famous downloading site.

5. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I download songs legally at Itunes. I want to support the singer who gives me music to enjoy. I still buy albums but on their digital form. The only Cd's I buy are for my Game consoles because console gaming is still better with a CD. Digital games have some glitches and bugs.

6. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    No, I don't spend my money on this anymore. Rare exceptions where I want to buy some vinyl (but it has to be something very, very special) and I always try to bargain so I can save some money.

7. BMT1014

BMT1014Member

Threads:
    During my younger days, I do buy a cassette tape and CDs. Some of my friends borrowed it and they didn't return it to me. Well, that's too bad it supposed to be my collection thou. For now, I don't buy music CDs anymore because I have already old songs collections downloaded by my son on my laptop and USB. I do buy movie CD especially inde films or inde movie that's my collection for now.

8. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    I can't even remember the last time that I bought an album of an artist since it's really a long time ago. Whenever I want to listen to some music, I just go online and play what I want on youtube. Maybe it's the reason why not so many artists are out there today, it doesn't pay good money anymore. Back in the 80s, if you have 4 or more albums and are selling a lot, you would be living a nice life even if you won't do concerts. The album sales alone are too much. Today, it's too hard to sell albums for artists. That's why there are only a few that you can call artists today. Most of them are called artists by a lot of people, but I call them clowns.