Do You Review The Products You Buy?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by beasleym1989 • Mar 2, 2016.

1. rainhero

rainheroNew Member

Threads:
    I have reviewed items before, mainly for the ones that I was sent for free in return for a review. But I have reviewed some items I thought were pretty good. I don't do it often though. I typically just leave the feedback for the seller I bought from and go on about my business.

2. ThesePretzels

ThesePretzelsMember

Threads:
    I only review a purchase if there isn't already a large amount of feedback, or if its a small or new seller. Not to be confused with my stance on seller feedback, which I always leave. I keep it short and sweet if leaving a positive review, and elaborate on the shortcomings when it's negative.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Interestingly, I never review domestic appliances or bulky electronic appliances because I feel as if I'd need to go into all the technical information, which I'm not very well informed and would rather not touch LOL I don't want people asking me to elaborate or asking me further questions on those, because I'd be out of my depth LOL I have been reading a lot of eBooks I get from Amazon, and I never read a single one without leaving a review, good or bad.

4. Krnasmommy

KrnasmommyNew Member

Threads:
    I review everything I possibly can. When I purchase something online I always read the reviews and I know at one point my review will help someone make a decision on buying a product. i always appreciate the people who do reviews because they make a huge impact on my decisions when buying a product.

5. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    The only time I end up reviewing anything is if I buy it from amazon. I mostly started doing that after a string of terrible products I bought. Some of them refused to refund me so I gave them a review. After they saw the review than they all of a sudden wanted to refund.

6. bluebetta

bluebettaMember

Threads:
    I do leave reviews, however I have begun a policy of waiting a period of time before I do. If I leave a raving review about how wonderful an air mattress is the first week I get it, I have little option to update that if it only lasts a few weeks. I have decided to wait enough time to see how things hold up under regular use, rather than how happy I am with them out of the box.

7. ziska

ziskaMember

Threads:
    I always review. I do a review if I liked it and if I didn't like it. I always rely on reviews before I will buy a product so I want to contribute for when others are wanting to buy. I read both positive and negative reviews. I like to see what people didn't like and why they liked the product.

8. Fran Sherrell

Fran SherrellNew Member

Threads:
    I only review for the products if they're very good or were very bad to spread the word to other people looking out for the same product so that they make an informed decision.

9. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I rarely leave a review although I know how important they are to other buyers. Infact I look for reviews when I buy a product.

I just am lazy I guess.

10. kingcool52

kingcool52Active Member

Threads:
    I don't really leave reviews for anything unless I get something from it like loyalty points or I feel that the product is particularly bad that I need to tell other people to be careful when purchasing it. A few weeks ago, I bought some earphones and they were absolute crap so I left a review to ensure other people knew about it. I think it's nice when companies give out loyalty points/discounts when you leave reviews because it just makes it more attractive to spend some time leaving a review

11. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I think you should when you get around to it,and maybe wait awhile and get aquainted with the product a liitle bit and see how it goes. You should help others with their decisions to buy from the company, and they should also give you a reward or coupon for the review of the product. Also if your brand loyal it helps and motivates the company more to live up to their reputation.

12. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Some years ago I used to write some reviews, but nowadays I don't do it anymore (after I discovered that a lot of them were paid).

Writing reviews nowadays is practically wasting time because they may think that your review is also paid and won't value it too.

13. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually put a review on things I bought, because I read reviews too, so I know reviews are helpful to the buyer. I am truthful and if I didn't get what I really wanted or it's just something I wasn't really happy about I try to be as honest with it. If my purchases are good, I say so! There was a purchase I made and it hadn't come in 2 and a half weeks, so I inquired. The seller from China, at amazon, apologized and refunded me. I was alright with it, but the item finally came a week later, so I contacted the seller, and told them that it just came, so I can pay for it. They said it's alright and it's on them and to keep it. Wow! Usually everything is alright, when I buy no problems. I like to write about it, if I have the time to do reviews I do reviews.

14. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    Well it depends on how much the product was going for, if it's rather expensive then i make sure to write a detailed review on it and express my opinion on how it performs and how it matches with the other similar products.

15. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I review the products I purchased to help the consumers know if it's worth their money. If I experienced something negative it is my way to warn people and if my experience is positive it is my way of telling the consumers that it is worth their money.

16. Trixen

TrixenMember

Threads:
    It takes me a long time to buy online because it's easier to access and there are plenty to choose from. If I like something on a certain site, I look for it on other sites and then it starts getting crazy. I look for comments, ratings, or whatever you can find about it. I would sometimes end up not buying anything. :D

17. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I actually have not reviewed a product yet online, it seems like whether I'm satisfied or not in the product I couldn't be bothered to write one. I do give feedback to sellers in Ebay though. Maybe if I had an Amazon account I would be more inclined to review each purchase since your reviews are saved and stored alongside your account.

18. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    When it comes to product review I do a balance work, if the product I bought didn't quite serve the purpose I would say my experience to others especially those who saw me use the item and want to have a knowledge of it before buying. On the other hand if I enjoyed the product, before anyone ask me of the efficacy of the item, I would have broadcasted that. The reason is I like others to enjoy the good product too which I am already enjoying.

19. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really review products as I don't have much time but I try to make time to review the ones that are worth buying but don't get much recognition. I like to review good products so people may own those good products as well especially if they are worth what they cost. I like to get the word out just like others have helped me make decisions with their reviews.

20. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    If I really love it or I really hate it, I'm more likely to leave a review. Also, if it is something that costs quite a bit of money, I am more likely to give a review, since it might help someone make a more informed purchasing decision. For everyday items, not so much.

Admittedly, I'm more likely to leave a negative review. A good product gets many glowing reviews already. If a product is bad, people should be warned about it (or if the company, the service, the policies, the experience, etc. are bad). I don't want anyone else to get taken advantage of, so if it happens to me, I'll shout it from the rooftops.

If a product is great, I want to support it and let others know too. I did that once, and almost immediately afterward, the company raised it's prices, ha ha. Part of my bragging on them was the great price. I stopped buying it soon after singing its praises. I guess I should update the review.