Do You Prefer To Shop With Cash?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Denis Hard • Dec 15, 2015.

1. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    @Denis Hard@Denis Hard You are very true. That's why I stopped using my credit card while on shopping. With credit cards in hand I always end up buying things beyond my budget. Most of the times I used to buy unnecessary things which are actually not required. But when it comes to hard cash we are aware that we can't go beyond a limit and so try to be within that limit. Instead of credit card I use a debit card and I know that I can spend only the money that is left in my account. That prevents me from over spending.

But I think dealing in physical hard cash is the most effective way to do as you can see it physically.

#21Mar 8, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2017
  2. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, always. Paying my purchases with cash is always the best and smarter option.

I've already used credit cards, but I always felt "stuck" with an obligation for months. Honestly, it was something even complicated to administer.

Paying in cash always gives me a sense of freedom (which obviously it's a good thing).

3. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    My most preferred way to shop is by use of cash. I am used to going into my wallet to bring out money for settlement of bills. If I use card I get very careful, my details are not tapped and again sometimes there maybe a declined in payment trying to use the card. In an experience like this and I really need the items I am frustrated because of the decline. If I use cash this will never occur..

4. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I think for me the debit card is the way to go,because of the convience-so you do not have to carry the exact amount of cash-and it keeps you in budget as far as how much you have in that account. I would opt out of the overdraft coverage though on the debit card to avoid overdraft fees. You can get cash easily-and get cash back at most stores using your debit card and use it as a ATM card at cash machines also.

5. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I don't carry a lot of cash mainly because I had a lot stolen once, I use a debit card for most transactions. If it got stolen whoever used it would need to know my pin number which I keep in my head. I don't have it written down anywhere. I probably spend more money this way but I feel more secure.

6. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer to use cash too as I always know how much I have on hand always. Sometimes I don't even know how much I have in my card and am afraid I won't have enough for my purchases sometimes, I have seen it happen to many people now and they have to leave some stuff behind. I don't even have any kind of card anymore.

7. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I don't use a credit card because if you cannot pay bills in time, you will have to pay interest. Even if you regularly pay your credit card bills, your credit will be higher when you use credit card because you will don't have to have money to buy things you will be using bank's money. I use debit crad, but I don't use debit card while shopping.Sometimes, some merchants deduct transaction fees. I prefer to shop with cash.

8. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use a combination of the two, plus automatic deduction for my recurring monthly bills. My Social Security check is an automatic deposit to my checking account, and most of the payments that come out of it are done by about the middle of the month, and I do not spend any money (unless absolutely necessary) from the bank account until all of those bills have been paid. Once that is done, then I use the debit card for some items, and use cash for others. If I am shopping at the thrift store, I might use the debit card to pay, but then if I have lunch at Subway, I will pay for the sandwich in cash; so it really depends on when, what, and why i am spending money for me to decide how to pay for something.

9. sommax

sommaxMember

Threads:
    I prefer to go shopping with cash. I have realized that shopping with my debit card makes me spend more than I have budgeted.

10. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Since most debit cards are connected to your checking or savings account, and totally different from a credit card, using a debit card should be about the same as using cash. You can only spend what you have in the account, and after that, the account is overdrawn and you can’t use the debit card for any other transactions.
    It does make it less obvious than counting out the cash in your pocket, maybe, since you. Do have to go online and see what the balance in the checking account is, but many people have an online banking app right in their phone, so it is pretty simple to always know how much money is in the account.
    Another good thing is that money can fall out of your pocket or purse, and you won’tknow It until it is gone and you reach for it; but unless you lose your whole purse or billfold, you will always have the money on your debit card.
    I remember once losing my only cash, which happened to be in a $100 bill, and it somehow came out of the back pocket of my jeans. I was counting on that money to live on for the rest of the month, and the loss of that much was a terrible thing.

11. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I always prefer to shop with cash. The reason being I am used to working with cash. And only for the fuel, I am making use of the card. And that can be good enough if you ask me. Because here the fuel cash has some advantages per month. So I get some rebate out of it. In that context I'd say it's reasonable to make use of the cash instead of card on normal places. Hopefully in future things go more digital.

12. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I tend to prefer to shop with cash over with cards. One of the reasons is that with cash, I can sort of limit myself a bit and I will know how much I already have without going to an atm or contacting my bank. Also, I don't have to worry about someone coping my card, there are cases of such a thing happening in stores.