Do You Prefer Removable Or Non-removal Batteries For Cellphones?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by moneymania • Oct 13, 2017.

1. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    You won't be needing to study a phone repairing course or hire a technician with removable batteries. My cousin just paid a lot of cash to a technician because her tablet have a permanent battery. It is so complicated with all the wires attached. It is not something you can DIY unless you have a training.

2. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    True, that's why until now I haven't bought an iPhone yet, since it doesn't have a removable battery, so I knew that if the batt starts to fail I would end up paying more to keep it working instead of just buying a new battery.

3. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I have never owned iOS devices and I have always used Android phones, mostly from Samsung. The batteries in Samsung devices are removable. I think it benefits to have removable batteries. If your battery is damazed, you can easily replace the battery.

4. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    Removable are lot better to handle. As you don't have to worry about the damage. Because non removable force you to throw the device into the bin. I think on that note it'd be reasonable for the cellphone. I think another thing to watch out is the way cellphones are working the wrong way. It makes me wonder how good are these type of the phones.

5. Martinsx

MartinsxActive Member

Threads:
    Non removable batteries in phones is a new trend in phone production lately, and from the looks of things it seems like these non removable batteries tend to be more strong and durable compared to the removable ones. They appear to be more original and cannot easily be manipulated by phone sellers, since everything was done and packaged by the production company.

But if it's the removable ones, someone can easily steal it and replace them with fake or low quality batteries, thereby making a mockery of the whole thing. I think I'm going to prefer the inbuilt phone batteries over the removable ones. It's more safer bet.

6. mbuzma

mbuzmaActive Member

Threads:
    So the iPhones don't have a removable battery ? That doesn't make sense, they are expensive phones. Though I guess most people who buy these would likely just buy a new one as soon as the new models come out, and batteries last several years anyway.

BTW, there are actually techniques to keep these phones working after the battery dies ? What do they do, somehow replace the battery regardless ?

7. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @luri@luri, I noticed that Samsung's more expensive models don't have removable batteries, like the S8. But the cheaper ones have removable batteries.

@mbuzma@mbuzma, For Apple phones you need to have the batt replaced in the Apple store, I'm not sure if those DIY techniques you saw even work.

8. Martinsx

MartinsxActive Member

Threads:
    Although some of these so called non removable batteries are meant to be in the phone, but in reality they are actually removable. They can be replaced once the power source has been drained. I have had my tecno tablet battery replaced when the one it came with died off.

9. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    The only phone I ever changed the battery in was my Blackberry Bold. I have a contract with 02 so the phones are changed every 2 years before the battery gets too bad so I guess I don't mind of they are not removable. I notice when my contract is coming up for renewal my phone will need charging more often but it's never been a real problem.

10. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @Martinsx@Martinsx, How much did you pay to have your tablet battery replaced? Is it expensive? I hope there are tablets that have removable batteries so that I can simply change the battery and not pay any service fee.

11. Martinsx

MartinsxActive Member

Threads:
    First I had to look for a good phone technician before making any moves on replacing the battery. It cost me around $15 to replace the battery with original one. Be careful because there are fake ones in the market. The technician guy told me so and even had to direct me to where I bought the one I used.

12. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @Martinsx@Martinsx, So it only cost you $15 all in and that is also inclusive of the service fee?

13. Martinsx

MartinsxActive Member

Threads:
    No, the $15 is specifically the cost of the battery itself, while I paid the technician guy $5 as his service fee. Although I had to plead for him to collect the $5, he was actually insisting on $10 but later changed his mind when he realized that I had nothing more than $5 to pay.

14. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @Martinsx@Martinsx, Ah, it's definitely something that I don't want to pay for at all, so I will definitely research if there is a tablet with a removable battery.

15. Martinsx

MartinsxActive Member

Threads:
    Alright, that's your choice and having to make such payment was mine because I have raw files in the tablet I couldn't afford to lose, if not I would have dumped it and probably get a new one. So I had no other option but to pay for its replacement.

About your on tablet with removable battery, please do update on your outcome on that, I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon.

16. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @Martinsx@Martinsx, I was able to find 3 tablets that have removable batteries, but there's not a lot of them yet, so I'm hoping that eventually they make more tablets with removable batteries, since the battery alone of 1 model costs more or less around $50 already.

17. Martinsx

MartinsxActive Member

Threads:
    I see, that's far fast research from you. I like it when someone takes things seriously. If I may ask, what are the brand names of the tablets you found out?

18. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Here is the exact link:

as you can see there are only 3 brands listed, so you know tablets with removable batteries are hard to find.

19. Martinsx

MartinsxActive Member

Threads:
    Alright, thanks so much for this, I will definitely take time and study those tablets including its specifications in order to be sure exactly what I'm looking at getting should I decide buying anyone among them.