Do You Pay Someone To Watch Your House While You're Away?

Discussion in Travel started by Zyni • Jun 2, 2015.

1. Yallerts

YallertsNew Member

Threads:
    Me too , the neighbors around me were as enthusiastic as I was.if I am not at home, I will inform the neighbors in advance, everybody takes care of each other

2. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    Unless I live in a sketchy neighborhood or have a pet at home then no, to me it seems like a bit of a waste of money and a waste of the individuals time. If anything, I would just have a security system, it gets the job done just as fine plus you won't have to worry about it using electricity or eating your food while your away.

3. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    My family lives in a well-secured village and the one who watches our house is our trusty maid. Never in our entire life that someone tresspasses in our house. Maybe this is a great combination. We always feel safe when we travel to places.

4. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    I am a bit skeptical of hiring someone to watch my house while I am away, as it is a bit difficult to find some trustworthy enough to do the job. There are paid security agencies who could do the job if you are willing to pay a hefty sum but it has so happened that there were instances where the security guys were behind a few burglaries themselves. It is always better to have someone among your family or friends to stay in your home while you are away or even better, develop a very good relationship with your neighbours who will happily look after your home.