Do You Pay For In App Purchases

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by Rock1987 • Oct 5, 2017.

1. Rock1987

Rock1987Member

Threads:
    I spent a few dollars for in app purchases for my favorite smart phone games. I spent a couple of dollars on Clash of Clans and an airline manager game. Spending on in app purchases is kind of addictive and can lead to waste of money. Though the game is free spending money gives you lots of benefits like points, coins or diamonds.

Do you people spend money on in app purchases. If yes then how much?

2. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I do not but I have before, but after you play for a while you start to notice all the slick ways that they try to work them in, which is a little off putting to me, but I guess it works so I should not really expect much different.

3. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I have paid for the getpocket and the calm app. Those are definitely must have app. And they can be seriously good with the service. I'd say for some apps if you pay for them. They are going to make the money worth. But for that you have to try different apps and see which one fits you. Usually free apps are limited but in case of paid apps, it can be good to invest the right way.

4. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I guess this depends on the app that I want. In some cases yes I do pay for some app, in the other cases, I download the free app for my mobile. I don't see the use of buying the app, only if you really need it, yes but in the other situation for examples as games I would never pay for such app.

5. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I like to look around quite a bit for free apps and find something that does the trick quite well as they say. The downside though may be that you miss out on some special things with the paid apps-but I try to live with that. They have a lot of free apps for graphics and also for games that I find that are fun-but I could once in a very blue moon buy a app for some special reason though. The free apps have a lot of advertisements sometimes and they make it hard on your phone battery life, which is one of the cons of free apps though.

6. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't like paying for games, at all. I login to my facebook acct. look for free games that goes on and on and found one called blossom blast. I'm currently on the 35th level and enjoy playing especially on the bus. I keep a close eye on where we are, so I don't miss my bus stop. There is also pch.com all kinds of games and you can become rich too all for free! I love playing games even if I'm a Senior Citizen I play games all the time, lol, but all for free saving money and having fun is the best! :D

7. LesY

LesYMember

Threads:
    I´ve never spent money on facebook games or any in app games because I think is a waste of money. Now don´t get me wrong it is tempting to do it and I understand and respect if you do it, but for me it is not worth it I´ll prefer to spend that money in a travel or clothes or food.

8. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    No, currently I'm not paying to use any kind of app because I'm not with any so specific need at that point. however, I've done this a few times.

9. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I would definitely say it is a waste of money to spend money in buying coins and diamonds in a game. Please don't take me in the wrong way, my friend, because we send money in-app purchases for a game just for our pleasure which after spending money we will regret when an emergency money needing situation arises. I know it won't cost that much but I would say it is not a good idea to spend for a mobile game rather you could save that money in your savings to buy some of your positive. I have regretted spending money for games in the past which led me to be responsible and save money. :)

10. walter12

walter12Active Member

Threads:
    Of course i do, but only when i feel that something is a must or will make my experience far better, otherwise i don't see the point.

11. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    If there is a discount sale, I might pay for it, I will earn the money back because all the games I played are streamed on twitch and I am making money from streaming games. So it is still worth it for me. I will not pay for overpriced micro transaction though.

12. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    I bought some gems in Clash of Clans when I was still addicted playing it, but I only did that because my cousin let me use her credit card LOL! As for using my own money to purchase in app stuff, I wouldn't and I never did something like that. I just feel it's a total waste of money.

13. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Well I do not spend money getting the in apps, virtually all the apps on my phone are the sorts I could install freely. If I come across any in app that will be beneficial to me running my business and if it comes with a fair price sure I am going to pay to get the app. One thing before that I'll probably would have checked if I can get it freely from other sources

14. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    I never bought anything for in-app purchases from an app before. Maybe this is because I don't want to waste any money yet. Maybe in the future I will pay for an app that I really like.