Do You Need Dental Insurance?

Discussion in Other Insurance Type started by Pat • Feb 16, 2013.

1. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Dental insurance is cover provided to an individual to help pay for the need of dental work when a person goes to the dentist. Employees in the past got dental insurance as a benefit, today the employee usually need to pay for it on their own if they want coverage.

An alternative to purchasing dental insurance is to put the dollar amount aside every month to cover the occasional visit to the dentist for cleaning and polishing. If you are preventative with the dental follow up you can hopefully avoid extensive dental work and large bills.

Do you have dental insurance.

2. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't need it's really needed unless you have a lot of problems with your teeth that need fixing and as long as you take care of them i don't think you'll need it.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I think that's a great alternative if you tend to only need regular cleanings or the occasional filling.

Make sure that if you're not carrying insurance, you tell the dental assistant when you come in that you'll be paying in cash and ask if there are any discounts for that. There usually are.

4. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My dental insurance is to not eat sugar. You should not have any problems with your teeth if you eat a natural diet and cut out sugar. I don't know anyone who hasn't had a filling at my age. The reason I haven't needed a filling is because I don't eat sugar.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I do have dental insurance. The premiums are fairly inexpensive and it covers most services that the more expensive plans do.

6. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    The health system is different in the United States. In my country (Argentina), the dental service is covered by the public health service, and I must admit that it is excellent. Furthermore, all employees properly registered have full health coverage including dental service. Generally you have to pay any special treatment or a differential service, but 80% of the care is covered properly. No doubt this is a very important factor when hiring a health plan and that's a service that should require all workers without any conditions. In my case, I always had good coverage on dental services and the cost wasn't very high.

7. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I think its great that some countries include dental as part of the over all health system. Unfortunately, in the United States this isn't case. If you want dental insurance you have to get a separate plan, or be subjected to high cost when visiting a dentist. The sad thing is, healthy teeth can play a part in a person's over all health and well being.

8. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think I need dental insurance. Here in the UK, the NHS covers this for a fee depending on what type of bands..see below.

But when I was still in the Philippines, the company health card that we are paying monthly covered some minor dental treatments, which was good enough for me. ;)