Do You Listen To The News On Radio?

Discussion in Utilities started by remnant • Oct 17, 2016.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I follow up on the news through my radio which is a small sized Leotec. Since a radio does not process images, this translates into savings since there is less electricity use. Another advantage is that one does not get too involved as to prevent them from multitasking as you update yourself.

2. serbog

serbogMember

Threads:
    No because I don't listen or watch news at all. If I really want to know details about somethig (very rarely), I search the internet. Much faster and you can find older news too. But I don't like news in general. In my country they report deaths 80% of the time and I can't seem to relate to them in any way possible.

3. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There is a local news program that comes on each morning that we usually listen to. It is not just a news broadcast, but more like one that also gives opinions on what is happening in the news. We actually do no listen on a real radio, technically; because we get the readily station online over the iPad, but it is the same as if we had an actual radio turned on.
    Most of the time, we watch the news on the television, and I like being able to actually see pictures when there is something like a plane crash or bad car wreck.
    Other than that, I also look on the internet for news, and I have several Youtube channels that usually have news everyday that I check out.

4. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I listen to the news on the radio very well. I do these most often when I drive. Sometimes when I am there busy with my computer I find that listening to the news through the radio does it better for me.

5. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I listen to news on the radio. I mostly do so when I am travelling or doing something which does not allow me to simultaneously watch the television. In these instances the radio will be convenient because it will allow me to hear the news on the go.

6. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I no longer have a radio! It was an important gadget back when I was younger but now I don't have time for it. Infact, I hardly listen to any news unless its an epidemic or world shattering stuff. I then tune into the tv or check it out online.

7. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I only listen to the news on the radio when I'm in a car. My electricity bill isn't too high since I don't have many electrical appliances. My bill is somewhere around 8 to 15 dollars a month so I don't really worry about electrical prices.

8. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Same with me, the car radio is always tuned in to news station unless the news is trite. I prefer the news than listening to music. And I guess listening to the car radio is much better and safer than using the cellphone while driving the car. But in the house, I seldom listen to the radio especially when the people there are watching tv. They prefer to watch tv than to listen to the radio... you can imagine the cost of electricity, huh.

9. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    You reminded me of the time when there was a mass use of radio, and having one at home means you're fortunate. In my childhood, I've seen my grandfather sticking to a radio during news hours, and like taking daily meals...listening to news was an indispensable practice. These days radio is a rare commodity. When news is there at your hand in the form of a mobile phone.. who cares to look for news to that old instrument?

10. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    That's right and sometimes I see that people connect their phones to their cars somehow and focus on changing the music on their phone while not paying attention to the road. I would think it's a much better and safer choice letting the radio choose for you. Not only that, but if they only care for themselves, letting the radio choose for you gives you the chance to experience new music to add to your favorites.

11. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I don't listen to the radio anymore since we have internet to rely on. Whenever I would like to watch the news, there's always a live stream or replays on TV shows websites that we can watch. Well I don't always watch news anyway, and before I even watch it, I already see them on my news feed everyday so it's not impossible to be updated all the time even though you don't watch TV or listen to the radio for news anymore.

12. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    I've just recently purchased a radio for my mom and she really liked it because it's handy and rechargeable. She's very old school when it comes to listening to news and music and radio is her best partner for that. I no longer listen to the radio because I have a lot of ways to listen to music and read the news online.

13. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I have a favorite local radio station. Thought I have no handy radio on hand but yet I find time listening to by using the Internet. My favorite radio has an online site which anyone could listen to. That is how I manifest my support to the said radio station for some of the local talent or announcers working there are my friends in the media.

14. luisalex96

luisalex96Member

Threads:
    Well I don't generally watch news at any rate. I don't listen to the radio any longer since we have web to depend on. At whatever point I might want to watch the news, there's dependably a live stream or replays on Television programs sites that we can watch.

15. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I am pretty sure that I am in the minority with how much I actually do still listen to the radio, but for some reason I find it soothing and entertaining. I always wake up to it and usually listen a little throughout the day, especially if in the car. I tend to go more sports radio though, and not so much news, mostly because there is no real national news show.

16. ptahm22

ptahm22Active Member

Threads:
    I've owned alot of radios since they get destroyed pretty fast. I used to buy them when I wanted to listen to news and phones or internet were not available by then. Some of them are still lying around but I no longer listen to the radio. I use my phone to know the current issues, I find it cheaper this way since all you need is an internet connection which is not that expensive.

#16Jan 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  17. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I only listen to the news in the radio if the conductor of the bus is listening to them when I am on my way to any where. Other than that I really don't listen or watch news as I am not interested. If I happen to know any news is because I stumble upon them online or someone tells me about them.

18. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    To be frank I can't even remember when I listened to radio news last. Internet is everything for me and I to listen live news on smartphone and laptop which has video and images too. I think nowadays people very rarely use radio but there is a trend of new generation radio. They give good entertaining and also update you with latest happenings. We mostly listen to those new gen radio channels while driving. At home I spend most of my time with computers.

Rise of new generation radio channels has actually given a new life to otherwise dying radio. They have good entertaining programs and also update us about day-to-day things like traffic jams, climate in a local area and so on.

19. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I listen to the radio sometimes online. My local radio station do run some programs including news live online sometimes. This they do through their social media handle. So even if I am not directly with my radio I can still access the news or other interesting programs live online many times.

20. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, not so often (my pace of life doesn't leave me with so much time left for this). And even then, I usually just listen to the news while I'm driving (at least I'm informed about something).

I have not listened to the radio for a long time. :eek: