Do You Like To Travel During The Holidays?

Discussion in Travel started by luri • Dec 20, 2017.

1. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    During the holidays like Christmas and the New Year, do you travel to celebrate your holidays? Or do you prefer to remain in your house.Normally, I do not travek during he holidays because expenses might get higher during the holiday because you are already spending so many things like clothes, gifts, house decoration etc.

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It would be nice if we can but it is so difficult for us to travel during the holidays because people in our circle are expecting to see us for the traditional gifts that we give. And even traveling locally is also very hard with the usual heavy traffic that will take you hours on the road just to move for a distance of 5 kilometers. Some of our guests for Christmas usually arrive early because lunch time is already the heavy traffic hour.

3. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    It would be a great idea to travel during the holidays but sadly, every where you go, places are thronging with crowds and the prices are so much steeper than other times. It looks like everyone out there is simply waiting to lighten your purses and pockets, so no, thank you, it is better to stay home!

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No I like to stay home and get ready for my holiday time. The only thing I like to do during holidays is to shop a bit. The weather isn't as great, so I'll wait for a nice day and finish shopping. I haven't driven since 1998, and I do miss it, but I ride the bus now only. I live near Marukai Wholesale Mart so if I need anything I can go to Marukai. I love it that I can walk to a supermarket like Marukai. Don't like to go travelling during the holidays at all.

5. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I have traveled many years to see my family and relatives at Christmas time, but I really can appreciate being at home some Christmases as well-and just have fun working or hanging out, around at home. When I did travel, I did like to stop at some of the towns along the way and see the Christmas decorations and festivities. Both traveling at Christmas or staying at home, have their pros and cons-I guess you could say!

6. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I prefer to stay in my town and all my traveling is limited to visiting local picnic sites. Besides I have found with my experience that traveling during the festive time is costlier and cumbersome as it attracts too many visitors. I love going to places when it's not too crowded and the hotels offers good deals. Maybe once in a while is okay but traveling during festive season is not my idea.

7. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    Traveling and going somewhere is a great thing to do on Christmas and New Year because it gives that relaxation feeling. But unfortunately, I don't do that because I know there will be heavy traffic and crowded people on places. I normally stay at home on holidays and just cook and bake foods instead for my family.

8. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    Sine I have all of the free time during the holidays, there is no problem if I move around. I constantly travel with a major aim of visiting my family, relatives and long lost friends. I have to do that now because the moment the holiday is over, I normally don't have time at all.

9. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I have found that during the holiday seasons the cost of the travel increases. And so does the hotel and food. If we make the travel in random days. Then that definitely benefits in many ways. You can see that some of the times holidays can be good to handle. But it may not always work out for the whole process. So for each one of us this could be different.

10. Sharry Lee

Sharry LeeNew Member

Threads:
    Hum,i really want to travel during the holidays, but it is too expensive for me.

11. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Exactly, during festive season people do travel to different holiday destinations making it too difficult to move on the road besides too many people seek reservation in hotels, trains and airlines which makes things costlier. You can say that people do not have to seek leaves from their work which is one good reason for private employees to travel during festive season but people like me that love to experience peaceful holidaying avoid traveling during festive season.

12. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    I have to make a small trip to my in-laws on Christmas, I guess that can be considered travelling. Apart from that I never did it, we have always spent Christmas with family, in the cold winter, but I do have this dream of spending at least one Christmas in the warm beach, let's say Brazil or New Zealand? :)

13. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I can travel at any time if I want to or have the need to embark on one. I see that many people like travelling during holidays especially this period of the year, it's fantastic a thing to do. It's not what I am used to. I can observe my Christmas holiday at any place so long I am with my family.

14. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    That's what I think. It is costly to travel during the holidays, price (flying cost, hotel cost, food cost etc.) goes high. However, if you are spending holidays in your home, you also have to spend a lot of money in parties and home decoration.

15. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I have gone away for Christmas before now but I didn't really enjoy it. I missed my family and all I could think of was being with them. For me Christmas is a time for being with my family so travelling at this time of year is not for me.

16. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I have traveled this Christmas but well in advance. I have come back home for a long holiday which I would spend with my friends and relatives away from a very busy schedule back in Australia. I would be traveling to some hill resorts in second week of January which in itself is a great experience with lots of snowfall and natural beauty in great Himalayan reason. Incidentally the hotels offer a great discount and the places are lesser crowded.

17. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    Many people travel during the holidays. I would like to do the same but sometimes I have no plans and so I prefer to stay at home.

Going for vacations or just traveling so as to enjoy outdoor activities is very satisfying. Having well thought out plans and having enough money or savings can make traveling during the holidays to be less stressful.

18. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Not particularly, and I would much rather just stay put, although if that means hosting then it is also kind of a strain. I just hate dealing with everyone else that is also travelling too and how crammed it can get.

19. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    It's not the best time to travel unless you need to do it to be with your family. I prefer to spend the holidays at home because that's where my family is. I've never celebrated Christmas or New Year any other way and that is not likely to change in the coming years. Although our celebrations have always been simple, my siblings and I want to keep the tradition of getting together on this festive occasion. We can travel together, of course, but with all the activities around this time, I'd really rather take the opportunity to relax.

20. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    Christmas is a family event meant to be spent with friends and family. I have my own way to spend and that is to throw a part for the less privileged. The question of going on holiday is therefore out.