Do you like to shop alone or with friends?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Miaka_M • Jun 9, 2014.

1. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Lol, I remember my husband saying the same thing about his friends, how they're always broke and he spends too much money when they're out because he has to spend for their food as well. Hahahaha!

I do like shopping with my mom and sister. With my husband, not so much. My mom and sister loves to spend hours on the mall, just like me. My husband hates spending even more than an hour on malls. So it's like we just eat at the mall and leave.

As for me, I like walking around and seeing different stores. I like trying on clothes even if I don't buy them. Hehe. I love just looking at all the pretty stuff there is.:p

2. Aimee198

Aimee198New Member

Threads:
    I like shopping with friends when browsing but if I actually need something then I like shopping alone. It's more efficient.

3. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I like to shop alone. I find I'm fast and more efficient at shopping by myself. Sometimes if I have the time I like to browse through the racks and then there are other times I'm shopping specifically for an item. I find when I shop with a friend I get caught up in looking at what they want to buy and helping them and I forget to shop for myself. I'm pretty confident in my clothing choices and know what look good on me so I don't need to bring a friend to help me pick clothes out.

4. sharatharadhya

sharatharadhyaMember

Threads:
    I like to shop alone as it allows me to make much better decisions over what I need to purchase. This applies to my personal stuff, this applies to my family stuff. I am not an open person and I don't like my friends to drool around me while I buy a pair of funny sandals for my parents because they are comfortable. I don't like it if my decisions are influenced by other people. This is true about everything. I like my friends but I don't like it when they disturb my family life and time.

5. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    I'd much rather shop alone because then I don't feel like I have a time limit. If I go with other people, I might feel rushed. I like to take my time and look at things, plus I'm very indecisive. It's more fun for me alone that way!

6. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I like to shop alone mostly. I always feel like I can't do the shopping that I need to do if I am with someone else because they also have their agenda. I feel like I tend to do what they need to do and I don't get done what I need to. It just works out better if I go alone. However, I will go with someone if they want to go and I do not necessarily need to shop. It is nice then since it is a chance to get out of the house for awhile away from my two children.

7. Grace Simmons

Grace SimmonsNew Member

Threads:
    I always to go to shopping with my friends becauase without them, there is no enjoyment of shopping. Yes but when I bought anything online, I do it alone.

8. MichelleVL

MichelleVLMember

Threads:
    I enjoy shopping with my friends a lot more than shopping alone. We make a special day out of it, when we go on shopping sprees. It's just a lot more fun, a lot less boring and you can compare fashion insight with your friends. There is also the fact that your friends can be more objective, and will not be bias about how an article of clothing looks on you. So they can better advice if something is worth purchasing or not.

9. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer to shop alone because that way I can look just at what I actually want to get without any distractions of going into stores I wouldn't normally go in or to areas of stores I usually avoid to save money. I find that if I'm alone I don't tend to spend money on anything unnecessary either. I think the only thing I might buy that I hadn't intended to when I shop alone is something to drink if it's warmer than I was expecting and I've already finished what I took with me. Even then I'll go to a bargain type store to get the cheapest drink possible.

Also I think when you're with friends there's more possibility that they could suggest extra things for you to buy or want to go sit in an expensive cafe to get a drink, which can mean I end up with spending a lot more than I'd meant to.

10. Kenya Swan

Kenya SwanMember

Threads:
    I love to shop with my friends. I like getting feedback from my friends and family when I shop. I feel more confident with the items I purchase when I hear my friends say that something looks good on me. Shopping with friends has saved me from making bad clothing choices.

11. JaeRustia

JaeRustiaNew Member

Threads:
    well its nice to have your friends with you during shopping time because they can give tips and insights on whatever you want to choose or your choices but most of the time I like shopping alone, less hassle, maybe a little bit faster because It's just me, no need to wait for a friend to finish fitting and all, I can roam from the ground floor up and back without no one complaining.

I also do online shopping for most products, bags and stuff but since Im on the plus size category, I very rarely shop clothes online because I want to try fitting it first

12. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Shopping with friends can be a great experience. You may access invaluable advice regarding different products from their experiences. I prefer to shop alone because when you are with friends, you may acquire a herd mentality and before you know it, you have overshot the budget. Comparisons of buying prowess is another creepy phenomenon that results from buying with friends.

13. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Shopping with friends can be good, or fun, but it is not something that I do very often. I have stated this on this board before, but if I am shopping, it is because there is one specific item, or a group of items that I am there for. With friends, the chance of window shopping is higher. I am not really a window shopper or a casual shopper. It is faster to just go into town alone, get what you want, and return home again.

14. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I like to shop on my own, because I feel as though I am under pressure to spend money if there are other people spending money on things. So I am happy enough to shop on my own, and then maybe meet up with my friends afterwards for something to eat. You don't tend to think about money as much when you're distracted with other people, so it's much better to shop when your mind is occupied.

15. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Really? I have never really thought of it like that, because I have never experienced that kind of pressure when out with friends shopping. But then again, I can see how one might feel that way. I think that it also depends on the kind of friends that you have, and on your current financial situation, as to how watching others spend money would make you feel. I think it is better to shop when you don't have distractions, because you are likely to shop more soberly.

16. beasleym1989

beasleym1989Member

Threads:
    I prefer to shop on my own. I don't feel guilty trying on a ton of different things and then never buying any of them. I'm super picky about how stuff looks on my body and I just like to be able to take my time without the pressure of having other people waiting on me.

17. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I like to grocery shopping with my lady, even though I may be mostly a helpful spectator, however, she usually does seek my opinion on a few items, but I find this situation to be a nice little bonding experience. However when it comes to clothing I usually shop alone. Becuase that kind of shopping for me is mostly spontaneous.

18. JaeRustia

JaeRustiaNew Member

Threads:
    im sure your girl is happy to have you around during grocery time, you know, we could always use a little help in carrying those grocery bags or reaching items on the tallest shelves :)

kidding aside, i salute guys like you who has the patience to go grocery shopping with their girl.

19. MarriedGirl15

MarriedGirl15Member

Threads:
    If I am shopping for myself, then I prefer to shop alone verses shopping with my friends. I would prefer to shop alone because I enjoy taking my time and picking out things that I like without my friends feeling the need to give their unwanted opinions. Now if my friend is doing the shopping and wants me to come along then, I'm fine with that.

20. artyarson

artyarsonActive Member

Threads:
    In this day and age, going out to the mall became something bigger than just a quick shopping. A mall is a way bigger place compared to a shop or a supermarket. It usually includes everything a random person needs for a social recreation.

Speaking exactly on the topic, I'd say it's 50/50. Sometimes I like to go around with my friends, have some fun and just chill. Sometimes I go out by myself and enjoy my own company. If I have a purpose of buying something I need, I'd probably go out on my won, so I could better concentrate on finding that.

And, most importantly, when I go out on my own I'm usually open to meeting someone I like by doing a so-called "cold approach".