Do you like reading while traveling?

Discussion in Travel started by GenevB • Oct 22, 2014.

1. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    You are right GenevB ! Reading a book during travel is a very charming thing. Its’ not let you bored and helps you a lot to enjoy some good time. I love to read detective novels during travel because in this way I totally involves in novel and forget about everything. Who have experience this?

2. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I carry a pocketbook to read, but I do not read it while I am in a vehicle. I have carsickness, so reading makes it worse. I do not want to be sick while on the road because that is very inconvenient not only for me but for the other passengers as well. I would rather sleep than read while inside a vehicle. :D

3. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've only flown once but I do like reading while flying. I'm very picky with books these days but if I have a good book, it keeps my mind off the negative feelings you get when you're flying.

4. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    I only enjoy reading on the plane, or train while traveling. Oh, yeah whenever visiting the beach I love reading mystery novels.
    Reading on airplanes calms my nerves. Reading on trains helps me not to be too anxious. Reading at the beach helps me to enjoy the crashing waves much more because it is like music to my ears.

5. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    That’s really great Allison2021 if you love to read mystery novels. I love these kinds of novels. I think beach points are the best place to relax our mind to keep away from hectic routine life. Reading novel about that place increase the enjoyment of that tour.

6. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to do anything, whilst I am traveling, that distracts me from the fact that I am travelling. I don't enjoy travel. I always feel sick. Doesn't matter if I am in a car, a bus, or other means of travel. I'll read or listen to music, or watch movies or television shows on my Nokia smartphone. I mostly do the latter though I have to be really desperate if I am going to read. Listening to audiobooks is also fun too.

7. Serena

SerenaActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on my mode of transportation. If I am traveling by air, I travel with Ethiopian Airlines and I never read in flight. The reason for this is because there is always something interesting to look at on the television screen in front of me. I also like watching the television screen because it shows a tracking of your flight and I like to look at the different places that I am passing by. I also like to look out the window at the clouds. So, I am too distracted to read a book. But, if I am traveling by land, yes, I do read while traveling. It helps to pass the time.

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't like doing is because I'd much rather do whatever is unique to where it is I'm going or where I'm at. I can read anytime or anywhere else so I prefer to just sight see or at the very least just take in my new surroundings. I'm not totally against it though as I'd still give it a go if I found myself in the mood, but I'm more likely to just reach for a mobile game instead these days because they require a bit less investment and commitment.

9. owesem75

owesem75Active Member

Threads:
    I will do reading if travelling on local roads, i mean from home to the office. But I will avoid reading when doing country side travelling to make sure I enjoy the experience and meet new people.

10. Garryson

GarrysonBanned

Threads:
    I am also one of the people who love travelling. I have great passion to explore different cultures, traditions, historical places and natural wonders. Natural attractions always fascinate me. So I often go for outdoor trips and tour with my family and friends. As well as l read travel blogs articles and novels too to grow my knowledge about tourism.

11. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Garryson! I know travelling is the nice option ever. It never makes the people sad but it gives them pleasure and happiness. I am also a traveler and I like to read the travel blogs and the other articles related to the travel. Here I would like to know about your experience I mean which is your favorite place? where you want to go again again.

12. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As far as travelling with other people, then that is something different for me. If I am travelling in the back of the car by myself, whilst someone else drives, then I could read. But if I was on a plane and I was surrounded by a whole host of strangers, then no. I probably would not be able to read. Ir I'd be able to but I wouldn't be able to get into the actual story. When I read, I like to be alone, so I can really get into what I am reading.

13. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    DreekLass! If someone is driving your car and you are on the back seat so how can you be alone? There will be another person. Am I right? I think the problem is that you got confused with the strange people and you cannot do full concentrate on your reading. Here I want to know about your travelling experience. How many places did you visit yet?

14. Nate5

Nate5Member

Threads:
    Even though wi-fi is much easier to come by now, I still find peace in reading. When I'm done sightseeing and dining for the day, I like to lie down and enjoy a book. Outside, preferably, if I traveled to somewhere with a warm climate. I also like to read when I'm in someone's car on a road trip, except unfortunately, I often get roadsick if I'm not careful.

15. Misslisa

MisslisaMember

Threads:
    I think that reading a good book or magazine articles is the best way to past the time during traveling.

16. rollybooz

rollyboozActive Member

Threads:
    I love it! It's definitely a time killer on long flights and its potential sleep inducing effects are an added bonus for killing even more time! I'll always have a handy one if I'm travelling. Nowadays, our hectic schedules make reading time a luxury, so whenever I'm travelling and do not have work to catch up on, I'll go back to the books! However, I usually need a book I'm halfway through already or else I tend to lose interest in it since I get easily distracted especially on flights and just can't concentrate on what I'm reading. Does anyone else have a similar problem? Seems pretty weird to me, but it's just something I've come to realise everytime I attempt to read a fresh book I got out of the bookstore at the lounge area.

17. missbee23

missbee23Member

Threads:
    I would love to be able to read while traveling, but I tend to get carsick. I am looking into some audiobooks, but they are expensive, and in short supply.

18. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    I really do not read while travelling. I am more of an informative reader than a leisure reader. So, I read because I want to know of a certain area. While travelling, I'll be more occupied with looking at my surroundings or looking at other things, I believe I'm a visual person. If I ever take up a book to read while travelling, I am sure I won't get past the first two pages, furthermore, I don't mind that because I don't want to miss out on the beauty of the world, so, I have no intention of changing that about me, lol. So, that's prettty much my story on reading while travelling.

19. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah! Book reading is my favourite hobby and i always love to read mostly while no body to disturb me around. One my traveling journey i used to really books. Because books are my really good friends of us and help us to know more about what is going around the world.

20. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    ExpertAdvice! You are truly right about the book reading while traveling because I think the reason that you provided is very solid and acceptable. We must pay a full attention to our surroundings and feel the magic of the true traveling object and i think the object is that to see the world and get information about it.