Do you hold on to clothes you once fit in hoping you'll fit in them again?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by K'Lyn • Sep 3, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, especially during the time that I got fat unintentionally. I use them as my inspiration for losing weight. And further I buy clothes really that don't fit with me. I buy those that are smaller than my current size so I would really be pushed to trim down those fats not welcome in the first place.

2. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I usually hold on to most of my clothes. I don't have a problem with fluctuating weight, though. I think that's mainly a problem with women. My weight is pretty consistently around 170-175 so I don't have a lot of trouble trying to squeeze into clothes depending on the season. Most of my stuff fits year around.

3. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    Another guilty party right here. I usually buy my clothes used so it isn't too hard to get clothing for different sizes. Sometimes I will buy clothes that were the size I was (or trying to get back down to) in the hopes that I will get there. So far I have a Large Home Depot moving box full of clothing that I've bought over the past year or so. I hate getting rid of clothing because I feel like I may "wear it" again.

Usually doesn't happen.

4. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266Active Member

Threads:
    I actually have three cute outfits that used to fit me 12 years ago.
    Back then I was quite skinny and they are still hanging in my closet just because I hope one day to be able to wear them again.
    It does take up a lot of space but for me that is absolutely fine.

5. cecejailer

cecejailerMember

Threads:
    Guilty as charged. Not only do I keep clothes in hope they'll end up fitting me again, but I keep them because I'm too scared I'll ever need it and not have it in my closet. I have tshirts I've worn since I was a teenager that I'm too much of a collector to give away, even though I know I'll never wear them again.

6. Cassie Lyons

Cassie LyonsMember

Threads:
    I keep them in space bags, separated by size. Other family members have needed them and I am in the process of getting back to those sizes. I don't however keep the ones I no longer fit in because they are too big...too easy to just slide back into old ways and go back to those sizes.

7. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    Yes. If you have some storage space, go ahead and keep a few of your favorites. Because you probalby will get back into them. Over time, you will learn how to get down to the weight you want to be and to stay there. Those jeans can be a way to measure your progress along your journey to fitness.

8. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    Guilty, guilty, guilty, However this past year i have been sending clothes that i could no longer wear to my cousin. I can't believe how much room i have in my closet now. Although part of me worries about needing those clothes again one day. I guess it is tougher than i realize to not hang onto them.

9. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are some people I know who buy clothes that too small hoping that they'll fit in them once they lose weight. While keeping clothes isn't that bad as you already bought them, buying smaller clothes is certainly not wise because there are no guarantees that you will lose weight. And if you don't then you'll have to give away those clothes or sell them for less than what you paid for them.

IMHO I think one should sell clothes that don't fit them anymore or swap them for clothes that do fit them. Oversized clothes can be resized if you lose weight.

10. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I sometimes do, too. But it mainly depends on the type of item it is, the quality and how long I've had it. If I really like it and I've not had chance to wear it much, I'll almost certainly hang onto it. Otherwise I may end up donating some to charity and others to my 3 sisters. Something I refuse to do when my clothes start to feel a little tighter is go up a size. Instead, I try to shed some weight and drop back to the right size. Not always easy, but I just don't want to let myself go LOL

11. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I also sometimes do the same. especially my favorites one.

What about

12. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't prefer to fit my clothes again but i gave them for charity.