Do you have Netflix?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by crazycroc • May 17, 2013.

1. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    No, I don't have Netflix, and I am one of the few people in my group of friends for whom this is the case. The reason is, I find that I am very busy, and there is enough on the television to keep me occupied without having to pay for another service as well. I will usually only have time for a small amount of television during the day, if I have time for any at all, and for this reason there is little point in me paying a monthly fee for something that I would not be able to use in all likelihood.

2. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, i have Netflix subscription and I'm really liking it so far. The movie/tv selections ranges from all types of categories and i just love that i have access to them all.

3. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I've been watching Netflix practically every day here lately. For a couple of hours a night. My go to shows lately have been Saved by the Bell, The Wonder Years, Columbo, and Jessica Jones. Yeah, it's an eclectic mix, but it's just what I've been interested in lately. Also, have watched a couple of movies. Most recently "Seeking a Friend for the End of the World". Kind of a strange movie. Though it has Steve Carrell in it, it's not really a comedy. It's just kind of quirky and dark. But worth a watch.

4. Sealpikachu

SealpikachuMember

Threads:
    I have Netflix and haven't used cable tv since. It just has all the shows I want to watch whenever I even feel like watching tv which is rarely. I also watch tv very little so that might be it. I do like how cheap it is though.

5. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    Since I got Netflix I never have to pay for monthly T.V cable subscription. I pay far less and watch the movies or TV series I want, doesn't have to pay for a lot of T.V channels that I would never watch anyway. You can subscribe for a 30 days free trial and decide if their T.V series/Movie selection satisfies you.

6. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do have Netflix. I sued to watch it every night, but lately my signal is getting blocked on the kindle so I have been reading instead. I can get it on my computer though if I really want to watch something. Netflix is good to have as a source of entertainment, and for some people who don;t have cable I think it is a Godsend.

7. NickJonathan98

NickJonathan98Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have Netflix and ever since it became available in Greece I stopped paying subscription to VPN and started watching some of my favourite movies and TV shows without VPN.

I believe that Netflix offers an amazing number and quality of entertainment for a very cheap price of just $9.99/mo.

I would pick Netflix over my cable TV provider anytime.

8. rosemoon

rosemoonActive Member

Threads:
    I used to have Netflix about a year ago and I really enjoyed it. I got to watch many movies and I had a great time. When I lost my job I had to cancel my subscription in order to save some money and I do sometimes miss it. My best friend has it so when I want to watch I just go over to her house and we watch movies and stuff. I am definitely going to go to her house to see The Little Prince movie; I was disappointed that it wasn't going to be released in theaters, but at least I have access to Netflix.

9. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I signed up for Netflix just a couple months ago but its with the Canadian provider so it doesn't have such a wide selection of titles. I heard that the US provider is a lot better, but they don't allow border hopping. I do sit down with my family and watch movies off of it and when I compare the price of the physical movies, it is definitely worth the investment. Honestly, my internet connection isn't as great as it could be, but I've had no issues with Netflix and the quality is still HD.

10. nuekboi

nuekboiNew Member

Threads:
    I canceled my subscription after they started cracking down on VPN services. I live outside of the USA so my collection is very, very poor without VPN. I don't watch that many shows anyway so asking me to pay 10 dollars a month just to watch House of Cards and Daredevil once every year is asking too much to be honest

11. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    I am toying with the idea of giving up cable so I subscribed to Netflix. So far, my son and I have been able to catch up on some viewing we have missed and I particularly enjoy the documentary section. And I really like not being brainwashed by commercials.

12. lisasian86

lisasian86Member

Threads:
    I used to have Netflix but I've got Amazon Prime and NowTV now and I think they are much better, you get better content for the money. I get bored with Netflix too easily and end up cancellinh my subscription.

13. Captain_Snowfall

Captain_SnowfallNew Member

Threads:
    I love having Netflix! Currently I don't use it as much as I have in the past because I have been much more busy with school, but I will gladly use Netflix over cable. Not only is it way cheaper, but you also aren't being bombarded with constant ads. I also like Hulu plus as it has some shows that are more up to date than Netflix, but I found it to be too disorganized and the fact that I was paying a premium and still getting those annoying ads turned me off. I stopped using Amazon Prime as well because other than their HBO shows, I didn't find much interesting about their service. Currently I am only subscribed to Netflix, and every time that I get on, I can find something interesting to watch. Also for all of you Disney lovers out there, I hear that they will stream every Disney movie in September.

14. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, by the indication of some friends I ended up getting to know Netflix and it was love at first sight. I have become a subscriber and since then, I can't imagine myself without their services.

They are very competent and the services are great (they always try to be up to date)... So, they make all the difference in this highly competitive world of entertainment.

15. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Netflix seems to be considered as the best source for good movies. With that I am willing or interested to subscribe to the said site. For the meantime, I am just contended with YouTube for some classic movies. By the way, I have noticed from our youngest who has a different source for his movies. He created a server for his media for this. This a good files or media storage and it is free. This is the first that I have heard this. It is the so-called Plex.

16. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer being subscribed to Netflix than buying a movie. I know with Netflix I can legally support movies and shows while saving some money. Yes I still spend money but I saved a lot and I get to support the industry the cheapest way without resorting to piracy.

17. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    Nope, I don't have Netflix. I am not sure if it is available in my country. I used to subscribed to a satellite TV service, but we have terminated it and also removed the TV from our home, as we do not let our young children to watch TV and I also found that there are so many other things to do, and I would like to spend my time in front of the TV now.

18. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Yes I do but I do not use it as much as I used to. It does not really seem to update as often as it once did and I feel like I have already seen everything. The price is still pretty good though.

19. Anklebiter

AnklebiterNew Member

Threads:
    Of course Netflix it's the best place to watch movies, sadly I don't have an account but my brother does and it's really amazing. I really enjoy it because it has a lot of tools, you can choose between a lot of languages and subtitles, the quality is beautiful, you have a thousand movies and series to watch, and it's not very expensive. So, it's a really great option to invest your money and get an amazing service.

20. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I have tried both Netflix and Amazon Prime. Both of them have good programming for the content. However I prefer to watch mostly US based content. So we have lot of local stuff here which I want to watch rarely. So I think for this reason I am using Kodi instead of the Netflix. I wish to see in future I can access the US based content. You can see that people need to have access to content that they want to pay for. That's where I wish to use Netflix. Sadly we have local netflix which is boring.